? for wrist curlers.

Guest james

A question for wrist curlers...

Do you also perform reverse wrist curls?

Some people in the gripboard say that they perform wrist curls... I'm planning to include wrist curls in my WO for forearm size - don't like doing reverse wrist curls.

Planning to substitute reverse wrist curls with wrist roller - only the extension movement.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

James

Wrist roller is a good alternative James. Personnally, I don't like any kind of wrist roller. I work on wrist curls and substitute reverse wrist curls by weaver stick done to the front. I work on different handle sizes and it is a very good exercise for the wirst and forearm.

I do, and I do them standing up letting my arms hang by my sides.  Then I pull up and then down one stroke.

The size of my forearms have been built with heavy wrist curls.  It seems that any movement I do affects my forearms, even grip work.

Guest kINGPIN

I have to say that I am not a fan of wrist curls any more but, if you don't like reverse ones then try them using the low pulley of a cable row/or simillar machine.  That really hits them hard and the resistance never gets easier in the whole movement if you do it right.

I do both wrist and reverse wrist curls. power cleans work the back of the forearms hard but that is a hard movement period. lately I also grab one side of a hex head dumbell with one hand and lower it to parallel position and then back that gives a good pump.