Kinney question

Roark

Having read some of the results of the gripper calibrations, and noting that a very strong #2

may approach a very weak #3 (my guess), I was

curious as to how many different #4 grippers Joe Kinney has closed? And, has anyone tried his #4 for comparison to another #4?

Joe, I recently spoke with a good friend of Joe Kinney's. Apparantly Joe's first no.4 gripper was stolen forcing him to buy another. He noticed no difference between them saying they were equally as hard. I'd agree that a no.4 is just gonna be hard no matter which one you get. IMO the difference between a no.4 and a no.3 is far greater than a no.2 to a no.3. It must be as someone else would have shut the no.4 and yet no one has as yet. Joe's friend reminded me that it is nearly four years since Joe did this, making the feat that much more impressive. Mind you we are still chasing the likes of Goerner tens of years later!

Nick

• 2 months later...

Can anyone bring me up to date with Kinney,

his health, and his further grip achievements?

An earlier post indicated that he may be out of

the picture regarding further grip exploits. Anyone

speak to him recently and have any news?

I spoke to Joe a week ago and he did have two #4 grippers.  One of them was stolen, so Nick knows what he is talking about.  He told me he can occasionally close the #3, but he is a shadow of what he once was.  Steve Weiner

Joe didn't just close it.  He grinds the handles with significant overcrush force.  Given this, the level he achieved is literally light years ahead of anyone else at this time.

Guest 77-1005097254

My veiw is that Joe Kinney does not get enough acclaim for having the greatest crushing power ever.

I was struggling to close the no3 until I received Joe's video. If any of you have not seen him close the no4 then I recommend that you order his tape.

What gets me, is that he does not even close it really fast like I have to do with the no3. He just crushes it as if it were in a hydraulic press, and as mentioned before grinds it down at closure.

Joe is simply the King Of Crush.

I agree Michael.  Joe's feat has yet to be matched and the way he mashes it is very impressive.  It's scary the way he slowly squeezes it shut.  In my opinion, he is the best ever when it comes to crushing strength.

I would like to know if Joe Kinney is giving tips on how to train the grippers in his video. Is it a "how to" video or simply a strength demonstration. I might be interested to buy the video if Kinney talks about his training methods.

Tou..... if you watch the video, he shows a little bit of technique - but for the most part, he talks about desire.  If you want to progress, you must TRAIN HARD and don't give up!  He gives credit to using "severe negatives" and timed holds.  Also, his grip machine, the "secret weapon" - which greatly helped him break through the barriers and sticking points in his training.