So what did you guys think of it?

Guest scotte

Guest scotte

I just thought it would be interesting to get the views of everyone who competed in the British Grip Championships.

So Marso, Jim, Had, silverback, Dave...what did you guys think? :)

(Edited by scotte at 6:19 pm on July 29, 2001)

I've been to dozens of competitions before, and that was deffintly the best i have been to. Everyone was real friendly and supportive, and I liked the informal atmosphere.

My hand hurts today though, and I have sunburn on my face.

I witnessed some historic lifting, and it was an honour to compete agianst you all.

Guest Silverback

As stated on Scotte's last subject I thought the contest was great - both competitve and entertaining. A quick note on injuries - forearm and hand are naturally stinging and numb, but the right side of my neck and right shoulder are murdering me. I must have pulled them pretty bad during the 1 handed deadlift (Jim kindly noted that my technique was crap on this event which probably explains why I did so badly in this lift - I'll have to work on it!!).

In the hotel I was reading as I ate and realised my hands were both starting to cramp up - my shoulder is also sore and felt 'loose' after the event.

Re silverbacks style - mate you were practicly trying to do one arm high pulls which makes the weight you shifted all the more impressive.

I have learned that I can change my style to that of DH's on the OHL, and the PC.

I had a brilliant day - I loved every minute of it!  As in introduction to grip competition I couldn't have asked for a better experience - absolutely superb!  Along with the epic weaver stick battle between Dave and Steve I'd have to agree with Silverback that Dave's final rolling thunder lift was legendary.  The point when Dave lowered the weight after a clean lift and casually stated "That about raps it up!" was pure class!! Brilliant stuff.  I think that Dave's banter as host for the day was particularly amusing and made the day even more enjoyable.  In fact everyone at the event was friendly and light-hearted, but at the same time deadly serious about producing the best performances they could - a sterling effort by all. Brilliant day for me all round….of course winning the Novice title helped a bit too!

Obviously I didn't compete this year but I have in the past and know just what fun you guys would have had. It looks like you guys have really sparked off a new generation of Grip Athletes and your future lifts will be the ones we will all be chasing.

I won't single anyone out because you ALL lifted out of your skins, posting the best overall grip results in a single competition EVER! As an example, just look at how many people curled a 20kg plate or more - a feat that a year ago we all agreed was harder than closing a no.3 gripper!!!

I think this goes to show just how important competition is. The improvements are vast and the knowledge gained and exchanged is second to none.

Anyone who doesn't agree hasn't competed before. At the end of the day, those that compete prove their mettle under pressure with the best in their sport. Records can be broken but titles and performances last forever.

Well done all of you guys - I am sooooooo jealous of you all but so happy that you all had such a good time. Jeez, even the weather was good - amazing!

Nick

Guest scotte

I think its safe to say that everyone had a day to remember!!! :)

I still havent come down from what must count as the greatest buzz of my life!

I REALLY cant wait until next year! :)

(Edited by scotte at 7:38 am on July 31, 2001)

I probably didnt push myself hard enough, I dont ache at all. Well I'm off to the gym, I'll challenge people to curl a 15kg plate, and see how many will do it.