Blobs For Everyone

dave

i recently thgouht bout this and finally made one today.

u need three things from lowes/home depot or local plumbin supply.

2 6" caps 7-10$ each

1 6" pvc pipe by 3" dunno cost, got mine free

the caps come and are bout 4" long on the coupler side. you cut off 2" of this. insert the 6" by 3" long piece between the two cut caps.its an exact blob size thingy. same curve and everything.dont glue it, or only glue one end and you can open it up and add weight. can add texture with file or whatever or leave it slick and add to the PO factor

pics in my gallery in couple minutes

I'm kinda confused.. again sorry

You say get 2 6" caps.. and 6" middle piece that is 3" long? If so I didn't think that a 6" pipe could fit into a 6" coupler. Also do you cute 2" off both couplers or one?

Again I know I'm stupid but kinda confused.. Would love some help

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGuy

• jad

• BulletTooth

• Davekline

The pipe caps have a female end to slip over the 6" pipe, so to connect them you need to have a short nipple (the 3" piece he is talking about). I think you need too cut 2" off both end caps.

I made one of these a while back and it turned out excellent.

It sits next to my other size real blobs and you can't tell it's not real until you pick it up and even then it is close.

Texture - I added sand to black Rustoleum brushable paint. After it dried, I used sandpaper to sand the sand off. Sand just enough to remove the sand, not the paint. When the sand comes off, it leaves little pits where the sand was and this is a good texture. If you leave the sand on, it is not slick enough and too easy. Give it another coat of paint without sand and you have a decent texture.

Lead -I melted old tire weights and poured the lead directly into the pvc. It melted the pvc a little on the inside but no harm and you can't tell from the outside. It has 30 lbs. of melted permanent lead. I tapped a short 3/4" bolt into the side near the bottom and can fill up the remainder with lead shot. I've got 40 lbs. + in it now and still have plenty of room for more.

I love the fumes of melting lead - smells like Cleveland on a crisp spring day.

I would never melt lead without eye goggles, it can "pop".

You can melt lead in a coffee can over a grill.

I don't really like the idea of melting lead where I cook.

Luckily, there is some public housing across town and they have a picnic area with a grill.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got a pic of their PVC blob? The two earlier in the thread don't work and there isn't a pic in Dave's gallery. Thanks.

I don't really like the idea of melting lead where I cook.

Luckily, there is some public housing across town and they have a picnic area with a grill.

This is the best thing I've heard all day! :laugh

No matter, you can find some pics if you go main gallery and search blob, thanks for all the help! :calm

In sydney where i am there are none of these domed caps, can someone find out who manufactures them so i can see if i can find it. So far, not 1 plumber or plumber shop has heard of these domed caps

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, it's a brilliant idea but I've not been able to source the parts.

Anyone know of any websites selling the requisite parts? Or stores in the UK?