comparisons

Roark

I am heading for Ohio tomorrow to interview Fraysher Ferguson who will turn 82 on the 30th of June. Though he no longer owns it, hopefully new information about the Ferguson Unliftable Barbell will revealed. The bell had a handle diameter of 2.75" (circ of approx 8.6");

the handle was polished and nobody could pick it up off the floor until Jean Baillargeon "reached down, picked it up and held it for several minutes while standing erect" and talking to H.B.Paschall. see H&S Feb 19, 1953 p 11

Joe,

Good to see you have found the gripboard. I'm looking forward to hearing about your visit.

David

Roark, what was the weight of that bell?  

The weight of the Ferguson Unliftable was 168 lbs. The ONLY reference I have ever seen to its dimensions was the ref of H&S that I mentioned. When I spoke to Fraysher about the bell and called it the Ferguson Unliftable bell, he chuckled and said he had never heard it called that. I am hoping he can give me some leads to its present location- who worked at the gym with him etc. A stop to see Jan Dellinger at the York Barbell Hall of Fame is next-June 25-26, and I plan to measure the Cyr dumbell, the Rolandow bell, and the other artifacts there including that monster Travis dumbell which weighs about 1600 empty. I'll let you know if I get it off the floor one handed...