Earned My Ph.D. In Crushology

Sybersnott

After several months, it finally happened.

Tonight I finally got certified.  I'm officially a new "Captains Of Crush".

Went to the gym that IronMind said would officially certify me.  I musta closed it for everybody in that place!  They couldn't believe that someone actually could do it!  Not only that - but I pinned it shut for a good 20 seconds on two tries.  Afterwards, the owner and I talked about Jowett, Sandow, Goerner, Saxon, Cyr, Anderson, and a whole host of strength legends.  He was happy that I came in and was able to close it like I did.  The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes.

Mission accomplished.  The first person I broke the news to was 3Crusher.  I called him up, and we had a nice conversation.  He wished me well, and told me I'll probably show up in the March issue of MILO.  Thanks Steve.  And thanks to everybody on the GripBoard.  I could not have done it without your support!!!   :)

Congratulations, Sybersnott! Dr. Crush! Sounds like a villain from James Bond, and as we know, only the best actors get to be villains - especially in Bond movies.  :)

Snott! Congrats!!!!!  You did it!!

Wait. I have to steal Steve's line: "Congratulations. See you in MILO".

:)

Nice job!  We all knew it was just a formality.  I would have loved to have been at the gym.  My face probably wouldn't have been much different from anyone else's!

Congratulations Sybersnott.  It sounds like you are completely dominating that #3.  Have you sent your grippers to PDA for testing?  From your description it seems that you could probably close higher IP numbers than the one you are currently dominating.  The march to the #4 has begun.

Congrats Snott!  Now, on to the #4!

Sybersnott- Again, way to go!!  It's about time!!  I don't care if Wannagrip stole my line.  I'll use it again.  Congratulations.  See you in MILO.  Steve Weiner

excellent!

if I remember well, you couldn't certify when you first closed it because of an injury? so I guess it finally healed?

how bad was it?

what's your next goal?

train hard

david

You're right about my injury (good memory).  It happened right after I first closed it.  It scared me because I had to have X-rays and the whole bunch of medical stuff done to me.  At first, I thought I had broken some fingers (it was that bad).  Slowly,  I got back into grip training after talking to the doctor.  It was a long road back - I told Steve over the phone I am now at 99 per cent recovery (nothing is 100 per cent).  What got me over the edge were the severe negatives I have been doing.  I have made more gains doing them than I have in the last two months of training.  I told Steve it's like that old expression, "Dance with the one that brung ya".  

As for my future grip goals..... it's the BB Elite.  If I can conquer that, then we'll talk about the #4.

Dr. Crush?  All I can say is..... "The doctor is in".    :)

Guest AghastGrip

Many congrats Sybersnott! You definitely deserved to be certified after all the hard work you put into it. Good luck on your future grip training!

-Zack-