the gym and when asked to shut the #1 easily

did so

with both right and left hands. I gave her a

#2 and she shoved it down below 3/4 inch

without much problem. As in all her promises

to me (which she has kept) she said done by

Christmas with a 500lb squat to boot! What a

gal! RS

Jeeze Luweez, that girl is something special, 500lb squat at 15, dang I'm 18yr old bloke and still not got a 500lb squat. What can she bench and deadlift now?

Guest riotboo1

Richard, congrats to Jenna on the write up in the State newspaper Saturday.

Too bad they didn't mention her grip strength. Strong women are a good thing!

-- Suzanne

Guest scotte

Acording to sports scientists there is no biological difference in the strength of a female compaired to a male.  Maybe they are correct.

So what with Jenna in the states and Eliz in the UK, mybe there is an upserge in femail strength athletes.  

Its a very good thing for the sport if we could get more ladies involved over time.

Hmm I'm not sure about that. I guess there is less of a difference when people are younger, but if there is no biological difference in the strength of a female compared to a male, how come men have lifted more, ran faster, jumped higher and thrown further then women. Bit sceptical about that.

What are Elizabeths powerlifting totals like? Does she compare to Jenna?

Scott I agree with you, more ladies should become involved. Recently two 16 yr old girls joing my lifting club and they both have great potentials, its a good too see.

Jenna might be farther along than I thought

in her new grip quest......With her left hand

she gets the #2 down to the point of touching

both sides of an inserterd finger tip with

the handles. Strange since she is right

handed......RS

Guest scotte

I dont think it will be long until Jenna gets the #2 especialy with a bit of practice.  Well done.

Biologicaly, womens muscles are identiacal and equally as strong as mens.  Fact!  Hormones (testosterone) skelital variations (and hence biomechanical variables), organ configuration, bodyfat,  muscle insertions, tendon strength etc all account for variations in strength.  

As for differences in bi-lateral strength, I am also right handed but find my left is better than my right in some instances.  

There are 6 billion (6,000,000,000...... I think) people in this world and apart from identical twins, we are all diferent :)