My current coc crush routine

Guest james

I do my COC workout after my upper body routine - Experimental Training - Hardgainer Style!

COC workout

TX10reps

BBAdvanceX5reps

BBAdvanceX5reps

Strapholds with BBAdvanceX2times

Negatives with #2 - 2times

All with 2 minutes rest - After COC workout I use the wrist roller 90mm diameter. The #2 is a beast!

Any advice on my crush routine is appreciated!

James

Guest AghastGrip

James,

I believe the true question is whether you are making progress in strength gains on your routine? If so, keep it up! If not, you might want to reconsider your plan, and take a different course of action. Routines tend to be a pretty personal thing, as certain approaches work better for different people. I know that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear exactly, but I hope it helps! :)

If you stop making progress with what you're doing right now, I'd recommend doing more timed closed-holds with your BB Advanced gripper, and trying your best to overcrush it--- That is, squeezing it even harder than you need to close it.

Good luck!

-Zack-

Guest steiner1014

:) James:  I agree that grip training is very personal....it is very different for everyone.   What has worked for me is doing the grippers twice a week...one day all positive reps and the other workout all negative reps.   Reps vary in the positive workout while I do extreme singles in the negative workout with a gripper I cannot close positively....Good luck!!

STEIN

i think these guys hit the nail on the head.  just like with every other aspect of weight training, you've gotta do what gives you results.  my gripper workouts may even change from week to week, it just depends on how froggy i'm feelin, i just always work them hard.  of course, this approach might not work for you or anybody else.  if what you're doin works, then by all means stay with it.

Guest kINGPIN

One important point in being a Hardgainer is to do what works for you.  As far as advice goes, IMHO I would say separate your grip workouts from you weights workouts.  Some people may be shouting at the screen now about how good it is to do it after and I would agree.  I did it for quite a while but I felt it ate into my weight training and that I was'nt giving my grip the attention it deserves as well as noit making my weights workouts as productive as they can be.  We as Hardgainers have to strive to put every variable to our advantage.  Because my grip workouts last half an hour, for me to do this after a lifting session would make it a bit to long before I had a good meal and I would be spending to much time in the gym.  By seperating the two my workouts both feel as productive as they can be.  And because I have a lot of grip toys at home now I have a complete workout any distraction.  

Not the only way, just my way.

Too much rep work IMHO.  Is this routine working for you?  Are you making positive gains?  If not, try this.  Warm up on the Trainer (just a few light reps), and go straight to the #2.  I think you're wasting your strength just trying to make it to the #2.  Warm up briefly, then to the hard stuff.  I must be a real strange one.... I can close the #3 with no warm-up or prepping - just a straight crush close.  :)

I don't think you are the only one Snott. However, I do believe those that do are typically well beyond a typical median #3.

Sybersnott - I'll give your advice a go... I'll do the same workout but the #2 will be first after warm ups!

Thanks for the advice!

I just read your post about "positive mental attitude" - I won't be praying to you! There's only one God.

James

James,

Believe in God, and yourself and your abilities - and I'll be happy.  You're right - I don't have all the answers - but what wisdom I do have.... I'll share with this board.  I'm always willing to help anyone who asks for it - especially when it comes to grip strength and building your grip.  This is why I have my hot-line, and also encourage anyone to e-mail me if they have a question - (no question is dumb or embarassing, IMHO).  Keep training hard..... remember God is cheering for you - and so am I!!  :)