What Gripper Should I Get

Bill Piche

haha :D i was gonna buy something to hard aswell. usefull post

HG 100 - Slightly easier than Trainer

HG 150 - Slightly easier than #1

HG 200 - Slightly harder than #1

HG 250 - Slightly Easier than #2

HG 300 - Between Super Master and #3

Haha, I can close the HG200.... But, I was about to buy the CoC#2.5 thinking it was the very next step up. How wrong I would have been, if I hadn't read this! I think you just helpd me save some money! Thanks tons.

The beefbuilders are a good choice too. The super advanced may be good for you or the master. My super advanced is very close to my 1.5.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Are warren tetting the same as beef builder? and is bone crusher the same as heavy grips? what about MD gladiator grippers also rated the same way as heavy grips?

Are warren tetting the same as beef builder? and is bone crusher the same as heavy grips? what about MD gladiator grippers also rated the same way as heavy grips?
Yes to all. :)

• 6 months later...

Thanks!

Does anyone know also the exact amount of lbs corresponding to #1, #2 and so on?

I just started grip training, lightly trained with plastic grippers for a couple of months, but soon realized it was too easy to be useful for longer.

Also the resistance can be hard but only for a short range of movement when next to close the gripper, which is not even possible unless completely crushing that bit of rubber placed in between the pliers (which I guess some of you :blink monster grippers would be able to do, but after long training with... other quality grippers). :D

I am not a professional athlete nor a manual worker, just I lately started doing some general gym (and manual works).

To limit the number of grippers purchased I risked skipping HG100 and just yesterday I bought only a set of 3 grippers HG150,200 and 250.

At my first attempts I managed up to 8 reps with the right and 5 with the left hand with the HG 150 (does it show I am righthanded?) but still could not close completely the HG 200 even once, I just went very close to make it with the right hand (before my hands started weakening... ).

HG 200 looks to me already a great feat and at the moment HG 250 looks strangely impossible and I can't even visualize myself closing it.

Is it true that the hands respond so well and quickly to heavy training? How quick is that...quick? I am tempted to speed it up by training hard but I also know already that overtraining is counterproductive, so... it's got to wait.

Anyway, I wonder how good this start is and how long I could expect it's going to take for me to close gripper 250, that is my sensible target. :cool

Also I wonder whether it would be good or even necessary for me to purchase gripper #1, that is somewhere in between HG150 and HG200, sensing that wide gap between these 2 levels, or it's enough I keep training with HG150 and when I'll be able to do like 15reps I should then be able to start using HG200.

Any suggestions??

I would by a COC #3 before buying the HG350, however I don't work a whole lot with the HG grippers. The HG350's that I have felt feel a lot more stout than the HG300, and closing a COC #3 is a huge milestone that every grip athlete should experience.

• 6 months later...

Is there anyway to use paypal to purchase COC's or BB's? I don't recall seeing it on their site but maybe I just missed it. I don't have the benefit of ordering with a credit card.

Is there anyway to use paypal to purchase COC's or BB's? I don't recall seeing it on their site but maybe I just missed it. I don't have the benefit of ordering with a credit card.

Check with Wade at Gripper Superstore. The links at the top of the page. Pretty sure he takes paypal.

Check with Wade at Gripper Superstore. The links at the top of the page. Pretty sure he takes paypal.

Thanks a lot! That's just what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot! That's just what I was looking for.

No problem man. On top of being a stand-up guy, he is a huge supporter of the board.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am beginner in grip training! Which gripper is good for bridge between CoC 1.5 and CoC 2 ( I can work with CoC 1.5 but CoC 2 is too hard for me ), I think Rb 180 or same else gripper in this range 167 - 195 lbs ?

Thanks

Edited by Draught-Player

anyone know if FBBC is on vacation or something, they havent responded to any of my emails yet, for the past 1-2 weeks

John(FBBC)Beatty's a F/T Nurse and a P/T GripGod; give him a break and PM him directly! He's more than worthy of your time.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a small collection of CoC grippers. #1 up to #2.5. Fromn what I see and read they are the "ones" to have. Now today while surfing around the web I found a company called MuscledriverUSA. Their grippers are on sale. Regular $21 now on sale for $12. Bought the 100 lb. gripper for my girlfriend... well for me too... warmups. Also bought their 250 lb. gripper. Has anyone here heard of these guys? How do the grippers rate? Maybe I should of asked this 1st BEFORE ordering... LOL. Thanks in advance members, John D.

I have a small collection of CoC grippers. #1 up to #2.5. Fromn what I see and read they are the "ones" to have. Now today while surfing around the web I found a company called MuscledriverUSA. Their grippers are on sale. Regular $21 now on sale for $12. Bought the 100 lb. gripper for my girlfriend... well for me too... warmups. Also bought their 250 lb. gripper. Has anyone here heard of these guys? How do the grippers rate? Maybe I should of asked this 1st BEFORE ordering... LOL. Thanks in advance members, John D.

They are rebranded Heavy Grips. Not worth shipping cost much less $12 IMHO

- Aaron

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am trying to purchase standard "IVANKO SUPER GRIPPER" + 1 Extra spring from "Piedmont Design Associates", I don`t no if this gripper in stock and international shipping cost? I don`t have permissions to write my question in "Piedmont Design Associates" forum and I wrote mail to the pda@fractionalplates.com without reply! :(

Hello,

I am trying to purchase standard "IVANKO SUPER GRIPPER" + 1 Extra spring from "Piedmont Design Associates", I don`t no if this gripper in stock and international shipping cost? I don`t have permissions to write my question in "Piedmont Design Associates" forum and I wrote mail to the pda@fractionalplates.com without reply! :(

Is it still true that PDA does not do international shipping at all? Check their site, I believe this is on there. There might be another board sponsor willing to sell/ship this to you.

Oh hey, I guess I wasn't far off. This is new!

http://www.fractionalplates.com/news.shtml

Edited by AP

Hello,

Is it still true that PDA does not do international shipping at all? Check their site, I believe this is on there. There might be another board sponsor willing to sell/ship this to you.

Oh hey, I guess I wasn't far off. This is new!

http://www.fractionalplates.com/news.shtml

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anything has been posted about it yet but is the Galaxy (the one sold by BeefBuilder until very recently) a rebranding of the old Grand Galaxy or was it and the Super Galaxy and Universe meant to "one-up" the RBWT? I know it has a .375 spring. The Super Galaxy and Universe are grippers that really do seem like they're from a whole different universe, though. I think the BBSG has a spring of .462 and the BBU a spring of .500.

Edited by MVillani1985

• 3 months later...

The Grand Galaxy never existed. It was just a proposed name before he came out with the new large grippers. The original galaxy was .375 then later .394 and the super galaxy was .437.

Tim

• 5 months later...

The COC 2.5 is harder then the HG300.. I can crush the HG300 for 2 reps.. With the 2.5, on my 2nd rep, I'm about one or 2 CM from closing it.