What Gripper Should I Get

Bill Piche

i think that the rb160 is nearly the same than the #2.i bought it because i thought i can close it before the #2 but that wasn´t the case.

i also have a rb 210 which is a bit easier than my new #2.5.

the rb240 is so hard, i think it´s probably like a #3 but i don´t have a #3 for comparison. man , this gripper really sucks...

Hi Guys!

I just got a the coc #1 and closed it first time trying for 8 - 10 full reps and about 10 short reps (last 2 cm) and then hold it fully closed for 15 -20 seconds. Being pretty impressed with myself I told a female AW-buddy and she told me that she closed the coc #1 just short of 0,5 cm first time she tried, and now she does 4 short reps on it...

My question is this: Is she extra ordinary strong or is it just me that is a complete wuz :D

If that #1 isn't very easy one, she is very strong! :)

It was brand new and I had done nothing to it, except 9 sets as desribed above! She is an arm wrestler but very new to the game (6 months tops) and had never done any griptraining before, and only previous sports was cycling.

I think she is really cool and that her hand strength :rock

Is there any kind of grip record for women out there?

It was brand new and I had done nothing to it, except 9 sets as desribed above! She is an arm wrestler but very new to the game (6 months tops) and had never done any griptraining before, and only previous sports was cycling.

How about http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/britishallcomers.html

How about http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/britishallcomers.html

When it comes to women we got a clear winner, and I now about the place in Löddekopinge where this comp was held, but what is the differnce between a block and a credit card close?

And what does the 3.65 mean: "Single event (block use)- Right - 3.65 Steve Gardener"?

And what does this the nb 2 means in this qoute: Female All-round contest - Right - 2.00 qualify?

And what the hell is this: TABLE TOP WRIST CURL, Single event – 302.5k David Horne?

Are we talking about wrist curls on a table with a straight bar loaded with 302,5 KG for 1RM?

Could somebody enlight me please on these basics, please!

pbo4muscle, Here it comes:

And what does the 3.65 mean: "Single event (block use)- Right - 3.65 Steve Gardener"?

Answer: Those are calibrated grippers. They use Redneck gripper calibrator machine. Simply that means that how many kilos, or lbs have to be top of the handle to shut that gripper. And result could be like this: IM3,5 / 86 kg / 189,85 lbs / rating = 3,68. So, that gripper what used in competition could be #3,5.

And that block is used to verify that the set is proper. In that case that means you can use your both hand to get handles to paraller position and the you start that close only your closing hand.

And what does this the nb 2 means in this qoute: Female All-round contest - Right - 2.00 qualify?

Answer: Same as above, but there is uset CCS what means Credit Card Set. So, you can use your both

hand set that gripper, and the you have to put credit card between the handles and the you can start the close.

And what the hell is this: TABLE TOP WRIST CURL, Single event – 302.5k David Horne?

Answer: Sorry, im not sure about this. I think that is when your both hands is on table and your wrist are outside of that table. I don't know more. Somebody could tell.

Hope these helps.

Edited by Koura

The hand and wrists are on the table when you do TTWC. Also a lot more weight is being used then just a wrist curl that you do.

The hand and wrists are on the table when you do TTWC. Also a lot more weight is being used then just a wrist curl that you do.

Aha, I am back in business :mosher

I see if I cant find a pic of that TTWC... :unsure

• 4 months later...
Hi. Was wondering what are the ratings for each of Ironmind's IMTUG series.

TIA

What do you mean by that? You can't compare them to grippers obviously so would you like a recommendation on which to get? I'll need your gripper status to help you with that.

You really can't compare the two, with the TUGs being a much smaller handle, the leverage will be different that normal grippers.

Ok what are the diameter of each spring for the IMTUG series?

I think that's better hehehe

I'll get the diameters tomorrow, not home today.

Oops sorry I forgot. Here you go:

IMTUG 3: .159 in.

4: .1755

5: .191

6: .206

7: .224

I don't have 1 or 2 but those are the numbers for the other 5. What'd you need the measurements for?

Thanks you very much.

Just curious because I read in a thread here, that compiled the diameters for each gripper.

Technically the IMTUG series is a gripper although "easier".

And I'm thinking of getting some.

Any thoughts on the "difficulty" of each?

Thanks you very much.

Just curious because I read in a thread here, that compiled the diameters for each gripper.

Technically the IMTUG series is a gripper although "easier".

And I'm thinking of getting some.

Any thoughts on the "difficulty" of each?

No problem.

Ok, some people really think they're useful some think they're worthless but personally I'm on the fence.

Difficulty related to what? The gripper you can close? Tell me what you can close and I'll try to tell you which to get

If I'll ever get one it is most probably to isolate a finger. Because when I'm trying to close a gripper I feel that some fingers are overcompensating for my weak fingers.

Since I just started I can barely close a CoC #1.. yeah I know weak hands..

And my right wrist has an injury for 6 freakin weeks now and I can barely even bust 5 reps on a trainer :(...

Well, firstly isolating a finger is slightly awkward with these, and NEVER isolate your pinkie by any means with grippers. Since you're at that level I'd recommend probably a 3 and 4 but I'm not sure if a 3 would be too easy. I'd say those would be the best for two finger stuff, but I suppose if you want one finger stuff a 2 and 3 would probably be right.

• 1 month later...

Imtug #6 I have is closer to easy #2 in strength and Imtug #7 is between CoC# 2.5 and #3. Closer to #3 I think.

Imtug #6 I have is closer to easy #2 in strength and Imtug #7 is between CoC# 2.5 and #3. Closer to #3 I think.

I always wondered how IMTUGS stacked up against regular grippers...

• 2 weeks later...
HG 100 - Slightly easier than Trainer

HG 150 - Slightly easier than #1

HG 200 - Slightly harder than #1

HG 250 - Slightly Easier than #2

HG 300 - Between Super Master and #3

Haha, I can close the HG200.... But, I was about to buy the CoC#2.5 thinking it was the very next step up. How wrong I would have been, if I hadn't read this! I think you just helpd me save some money! Thanks tons.