message for MJW

vikingpower

Martin

seen the results understand you missed the 3 by 1mm you'll have it next time just one of those things.

I also understand you entered the comp at the last minute and plate curled a 20kg plate ..... That is a feat of strength that is quite staggering especially when you had not trained for the comp.

So despite just missing the no3 (on this occassion) by a fraction I feel we all should offer you are congratulations on some stunning lifts today.

Tom

Martain was sure a dark horse, he did an excellent plate curl, strap hold and pinch grip of over 40kg.

You will deffinatley get that number 3 next time, it was the heat! Man 8 hours in 30 C, it was crazy!

Thanks Guys,

I wouldnt have been able to do it without your support!

Pity about the #3 but I just wasnt able to do it today-no excuses.

Must have got the strength for the plate curl from years of isometrics. Need to work on my weedy legs and back though,  before I can even consider competing again. They're not exactly my strong points.

Good lifting Pete. You're a powerful guy with lots of potential. Keep up with the grip work.

I had a fantastic time , even though I wasnt expecting to compete. I'm knackered now though and got a sunburnt head ;-)

Hope to see everyone again sometime soon.

Thanks again

Martin

Martin,

Well done! This is what I tell everyone, compete!! It's the way for everyone to improve their results.

Contact me when you want to be refereed for the #3.

David

Guest MikaelSiversson

Congratulations to everyone at the competition and a special salute to David Horne. Those amazing numbers speak loud and clear. Sixtyfive kilogram pinch grip. Makes you feel like the ultimate whimp. I am myself trying to promote the sport of grip power at my gym. We are a few guys that are going to have a little competition on Friday the 7th of September. We are not particularly strong but one has to start somewhere. The first event is pinch gripping (left+right hand) with plates @ 62 mm width (a maximum of five lifts with each hand). The second event is with CoC grippers (left+rigth hand). In the case of two or more people closing the same gripper (e.g. #2 with both hands), their individual ranking will be determined by strap holds with 2.5 kg and a #2 or #1 gripper. A #2+#T will beat a #1+#1. The third and last event will be one arm deadlift with a revolving, regular powerlifting bar (a maximum of five lifts with each hand). No hook grip is allowed and the bar is lifted to an upright position in front of both legs (like a regular deadlift). Again we will count the total amount lifted (left+right). The final ranking will be determined by adding the individual points scored for each lift where (in the case of e.g. six competitors) number one will get 6 points, number two will get five points and so on. I will (provided anyone is interested) post the results. At this point we are four guys that are definitely going to compete and we are trying to convince another four to compete as well. Two of those other guys are climbers and one is a handboll player so they should have a good grip.

Mikael,

It's good to hear that you are running a grip competition. Send me the results and I'll try to put them in the Iron Grip magazine.

David

email address  david.horne2@ntlworld.com

Guest StrongerthanArne

David,

I will.  Arne Persson and myself are looking into the possibility of comming over to England next year and compete in the British Championship, provided we reach a level of grip strength we feel comfortable with. We both want to be able to close the #3 gripper, pinch grip 40 kg @ 62 mm width and deadlift (with a regular grip) more than 120 kg with one arm using a revolving powerlifting bar. I am myself about 4 mm away from closing the #3 (I have had the #1 and #2 for about two months and #3 for four weeks) and last Friday I pinched 34.5 kg @ 62 mm width plates. My supporting grip strength is weak to put it simple. I have done no more than 98.5 kg with my right hand in one arm deadlift (lifting the bar like in a regular deadlift) with a revolving powerlifting bar using a regular grip (not the hook grip) and an embarrasing 88.5 kg with my left hand. I seem to have improved though and expect to break the 100 kg barrier with my right arm at the comming competition.

Cheers