Grip strategies

Guest rockblaster

Guest rockblaster

Can you please advise me on how to get the most benefit out of working with the plate-loaded gripper?  I have one--it is not the G-Rex but it will have to do for now.  Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Guest Grip Student

Excellent question!

I bought the G-Rex 621 and it should be here very soon. I too wonder what type of grip training you recommend on this type of machine as I see many pictures of you (Mr. Sorin) training with them.

Ron

Guest rockblaster

I have a grip machine that I bought several years ago from New York Barbells and I am now just really getting into it.  It is not the G-Rex 621, but it will definitely do for now.  I have exceeded its weight capacity of 150 pounds and it still seems to be fine.  From my experience, I really don't think there are any parts to my machine that can really be damaged.  I don't know about the 621, but I had to adjust the machine on my own to fit my grip.