Bottlecap Tightening

I think I may have found the main reason why I am a lot stronger with my right hand than with my left (with the grippers anyway.)

I always carry a bottle of water around with me, so I take sips all the time.  I am always opening and closing the bottle with my right hand.  Apparently I have been closing the caps tighter and tighter.  Just yesterday, I tried to open my bottle with my left hand.  It wouldn't even budge.  I tried really squeezing hard, it still wouldn't budge.  

I guess it could be a decent grip exercise if you alternated hands and always have the bottle.

Weird, huh?

Michael Falkov

This post just reminded me of a feat of hand strength I've been meaning to accomplish.  I want to be able to remove non-twistable bottle caps using my hands and maybie a piece of cloth, anyone ever try this??

Nope.

I do use my right hand more than my left of course because it is my main hand.  But this is the only thing that appears to use some strength.  Even though bottle cap tightening uses a pretty minimal amount of strength, it has been building up over a couple years I guess.

I would expect my right hand to be a LITTLE stronger, but it seems to be TWICE as strong.

Michael Falkov