History

Guest simon lodge

Guest simon lodge

Hi all

I spoke to  Heath Sexton and from his advice iv managed to fully close my BBM know lets go for No 3  as it seems if i keep my reps down it seems to work for me.

simon,

Forget the reps!!!  Just concentrate on the "crush".  Squeeze that gripper and hold it closed for as long as you can (this is called a "timed hold").  Throw away that rep nonsense!  Remember:  squeeze and hold - squeeze and hold - squeeze and hold....   :)

Congrats Simon, glad I could help.  Now, on to the #3!!

I don't think he said anything about doing a lot of reps, he said keep them low.  Nothing wrong with doubles, I do some myself from time to time.  You are right, timeholds and strapholds are a key ingredient, but remember......different strokes for different folks.  I've done fairly well doing bascially no negatives, until recently, and I don't own a plateloaded machine.  I did do force closes and holds, but holding a gripper for 1/2" is hardly a negative.  I also do grippers everyday, and I have for awhile.  

(Edited by Bearcat 74 at 9:48 pm on Oct. 17, 2001)

Guest simon lodge

Thanks for your replies,  Bearcat74,Sybersnott,Kingpin

At the moment im closing my No3 down as far as i can with one hand which is around 1/4  inch then helping it to fully close with two hands then hold on for as long as i can also im doing plate loader but i think its the holding the gripper shut is helping me just a touch more than the plate loader .