kINGPIN

Guest VEGETA

Guest VEGETA

KINGPIN,

I'm 5'8" , 150 pounds, 17yrs - just started weight training - not for strength but for mass. I think we are in the same level in terms of grip training with the COC. You said from your past post that you were still on the #1.

I'm not even close to parallel with the #2. I can do 3 reps on the BBAdvance and 6 reps on the #1.

What is your current training routine with the COC grippers?

How old are you? How close are you from closing the #2?

How many reps to failure can you do on the #1? How long have you been training with the COCs.

VEGETA

Guest kINGPIN

Hey Vegeta,

I am 20 years old and have been training with weights for about 6 years.  I am 6'1 and just over 15 stone.  Although my main goal is to be big, I train for strength and any mass is a bonus.  No point in being big and pumped if you cannot lift s&%t!  

I have not got the number two at the moment, so I am just repping out on my number one for now.  As for routines, I hav'nt really got one.  I just follow rules;  

1) I set half an hour aside.

2) I work to complete failure on every set

3) I fit as many sets/reps into that half hour as possible

4) I train grip 2 times a week

5) I vary my hand position on the grippers all the time to work different areas of the hands.  For example I use them inverted and I also hold them as close to the top as possible.

My routine may get a bit more tecnical when I get a tougher gripper, but for now I am making gains quiker then I can gauge.  I look on the #1 as my foundation so I do not care about using high reps.  The low reps will come when I get a hard gripper.  I have been training on the CoC's for about 2 months now.  My routine used to include farmers walks and pinches but now I am focusing on the CoCs and I am doing the experiment as outlined in the routines section.

Good on you for starting your grip training young.  I wish I had made the same decision when I was 17.

Hopethat that has answered all your questions.  Keep us informed as to how your grip training progresses.  As said before, there are a lot of levels of grip strength on this board and everyone can teach someone something.  Good luck with the #2!

Andy

Guest Ryan Daly

Vegata,i was reading your question and saw that you are the same age as myself,i have just recently closed the no2 coc and i found doing negatives helped me achive this,negatives involve using your spare hand to help close the gripper in one hand then just squezze until the gripper pushes your hand out, doing this has brought me to within half an inch of the no3, hope u understand my method,good luck with the no2                                                                                                                                                                              Ryan  

Guest VEGETA

Ryan,

Hello. I'm also doing negatives with the #2 at the end of my grip workout.

What's your height and weight?

How long did it take you to go from #1 to #2?

VEGETA

Guest Ryan Daly

Vegata

IM 6'3 AND AROUND 165lbs. IT TOOK ME AROUND 1 MONTH TO CLOSE THE NUMBER 2 BUT AT THAT TIME I WAS ONLY DOING GRIPPERS ON THE ODD OCCASION ITS JUST RECENTLY I HAVE STARTED TRAINING ON THEM AND WITHIN WEEKS IM DOING REPS WITH THE 2,I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE MY DAD (WHO IS A CERTIFIED COC)) TO TEACH ME BUT IM SURE WITHIN WEEKS U WILL ALSO BE CLAMPING THE NO 2

GOOD LUCK!, RYAN

Guest Ryan Daly

Its brilliant! its really good for training as he helps me with training routines and techniqes etc    

He is a member of the grippage and logs on most days his name is Michael Daly he was the first British captain of crush which is quite cool

Ryan