? for David Horne

Guest VEGETA

Guest VEGETA

David,

I'm planning to do wrist curls. Do I also need to do reverse wrist curl to work the forearm equally? Personally, I HATE doing reverse wrist curls.

In your workout for the wrist/forearms do you only do wrist curls?

Do you include reverse wrist curls?

Thanks in advance in congratulations to your achievements.

VEGETA      

oh, reverse wrist curls with a straight bar are excellent!

give them another look, persistance will pay off...

lay your wrists on your knees and do them seated or stand up and put your wrists on a preacher pad (my fav)

use a light enough weight so that you can get at least 10 reps- weight thats too heavy makes this an awkward move. wrist rollers are good too but they work your forearms a litle different.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I agree with AP. Reverse curls are a great exercise. If you can , try them with a fat bar. We have a 3" bar at my gym,and let me be the first to say you don't need much weight to make these a vary hard exercise !

I heard David is "boycotting" this forum, so don't expect an answer.

Hey, wannagrip

Why is David "boycotting" this forum? Did he get pissed off over some argument?

Weird... I don't recall seeing anything to get that mad about.

Guest kINGPIN

I am also a fan of reverse wrist curls, but if you just don't like them, how about sledge hammer lifts to the front?  They are a killer, and get your hands real tough.

David Horne wrote to me to tell me that he would not be returning to the forum. He does, however, not hold any grudges against the forum.

The thread in question (http://www.grippage.com/cgibin....pic=895) got off on a wrong foot, and everyone got pissed off. I should have closed the thread a lot sooner. To be plain: There's sometimes just too much ego in our sport.

As for the matter of David Horne's lift; If I have understood the events right, this is what happened:

Prior to David's lift, the records were:

1-hand lift: Herman Goerner

1-hand deadlift: Herman Goerner

After David's lift, the records were:

1-hand lift: David Horne

1-hand deadlift: Herman Goerner

It is a very factual matter, and should be settled by simply bringing up the precise poundages and precise descriptions of the lifts. WannaGrip's original post simply pointed out the lack of precision in an original article.

I think this thread illustrates very well why we need the IGC and why we need to support the IGC. For with the IGC we will have precise standard lifts, and arguments of this type need simply not arise.

So please, take this debate about "why David Horne chose not to stay" off-line if you have a personal interest in pursuing it. It does not belong on the board. One post of flaming content deleted.