training routine help

Guest james

I need help with my routine. I'm not gaining anymore. I workout with the grippers twice a week. How many setsXreps should I do. How many minutes rest between sets. Show me some tricks.

Always, your help would be appreciated.

JAMES

Guest kINGPIN

Allthough I am not half as experienced as some of the people on this site I recomend that if you have stoped gaining then the first thing to do is cut back for a week or so.  This may give your body a chance to catch up and when you get back into it you will probably gain quicker.  As for sets and reps, I feel that you should just experiment and see what works for you- there is no magic number.  Work all aspects of your grip, if you are not gaining- then you are probably doing too much.  What ever you do , go heavy.

Hope this helped

Just train hard to "shut the thing".  I am sure magic will occur at some point.

It doesn't matter.  #3, #4, a Mack truck.  Just train hard man!

;) ;) ;)

I couldn't resist. :)

I'm with Wannagrip on this point. Train hard, as hard as you can. The next workout, train harder. So will you do on your next workouts. Keep a log and always try to break your personnal best.

If you're really stuck, take a few weeks off.

Bottom line : keep it simple and give everything you have.

James- The key is finding what works best for you, and you alone.  Experimentation is the key.  If something is not working after a month, change what you are doing.  Don't get overly bogged down with details.  Pick a few exercises, and emphasize the quality of your sets over the quantity of your sets.  I know this answer seems kind of vague, but in time you will look back and see that it's a pretty good answer to your question.

Guest AghastGrip

James-

I couldn't agree more with the others. I used to concern myself planning complex workouts and that only held back my progress. Then I just kept it simple and I just started doing what felt right to me, and the only way you can find that is through experimentation and hard work.

Good luck,

Zack

James,

Are you just working with the grippers by themselves?  No grip machines, or anything else?  Do you have access to a local gym?  What are you "stuck" on now?

Sybersnott