Non Freaks Can Do It!

EricMilfeld

I came home this morning from work feeling particularly refreshed after a four day rest, did a few push ups, bent two easy nails, bent a 7" piece of the 5/16" HRS from Home Depot, and then finished off a Red I had started several weeks ago!!! I am STOKED! Sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

Now it's time to get a little consistency, and then certify.

Eric

I am very pleased for you a big congrats :bow yourself and all the other benders on this board have given me the motivation to start training again,yourself and a few others have realy shown what hard work can accomplish in such a short space of time,i would be interested in your insights into bending,volume etc and has it had any negative affects on your other grip training.

once again a big congrats :D

Very well done. I always find it harder to bend something that is already somewhat bent beforehand.

Congrats! Best of luck when it comes time to certify.

i would be interested in your insights into bending,volume etc and has it had any negative affects on your other grip training.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Gazza, my training has consisted of 3-5 max, or near max bends, usually every third day. I've always saved steel I couldn't bend initially for future workouts. Recently I've included more double overhand bending, in addition to my usual "Terminator" style bending. I also do little or no assistance work, but I think the benching and deadlifting have been helpful. The only other grip work I've been performing lately includes pinching and one arm deads. I think training nothing other than some type of supporting grip movement is sufficient, and even beneficial, for improving my bending. I've dropped grippers altogether. And other than the grippers, no other aspect of my training has been hurt by the bending. In a nutshell: low volume, high intensity, little if any assistance work, and moderate rest seems to work for me. But I know there are others who do best on a completely different system. I also think that David's Challenge Bars have been instrumental in keeping me focused, motivated, and in-tune with my progress. Thank you David and all my other supportive friends here on the Gripboard!

I came home this morning from work feeling particularly refreshed after a four day rest, did a few push ups, bent two easy nails, bent a 7" piece of the 5/16" HRS from Home Depot, and then finished off a Red I had started several weeks ago!!! I am STOKED! Sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

Now it's time to get a little consistency, and then certify.

Awesome job on the RED! I think the 5/16" HRS I bought from Home Depot is actually a little tougher than the Red.

Now certify quick before Randy changes the rules :D

Robert

Awesome job Eric. :bow

I hope to join you someday on that level. How long did it take you to do the red once you really started focusing on bending?

How long did it take you to do the red once you really started focusing on bending?

I started bending 6 months ago, and it immediately became my new favorite strength endeavor. During that time, my routines and level of focus have changed very little. Only my goals have changed. Back in September the Blue seemed impossible. In early November the 200 kilo bar seemed impossible, as did the grade 5 in early December.

David, I've no doubt you can do it!

Wow! That is awesome, Eric. :rock

Your progress is an inspiration to us up-and-coming benders! :cool

That is awesome Eric :rock

I knew it would not be long.

The red in only six months is outstanding and very insperational.

Keep it up.

:bow

Very Awsome Eric!

Victory is sweet! Progress is even sweeter!

WOW! Congrats on the HUGE bend. Please note though, to the rest of us still struggling with the blue, you are now a Freak like Pat and Shrug :D