Sorinex Big Squeeze Dumbbells

3Crusher

These are a terrific little goody that Richard Sorin's company sells.  Has anybody else used these out there besides me?  I highly recommend them, as they work the forearms totally differently than anything else I have ever tried.  I tell ya, a couple of sets of hammer curls with 30-35 pounds on each bell, and your hands and forearms will be begging for mercy.  

Is this another thick handle dumbell or it does have something specific ? I'm interested in a thick handle to put on a dumbell.

What's the price of the Big Squeeze ?

I don't remember exactly what I paid for them, as I bought it together with a plate loaded gripper from Sorinex.  Call Sorinex, or go to their website at Sorinex.com and inquire via email or phone, since prices are not listed.  There is a picture of them on the website and what makes them different is instead of a regular handle, there is a roller pad similar to that of a leg extension machine's ankle pad to grip on to.  Check it out.

If I remember correctly (I am not home right now to measure them) they are about 4"-4.5" in diameter, so in effect, when doing hammer curls, you are doing an open hand pinch lift of a very unique variety.

4 - 4,5 inch diameter ! I hope that the padding dig deep enough because my hands can't hold more than 2,5 - 3 inches. I'll give Mr. Sorin a call or I'll email him. I'm very interested by this dumbell.