Where does the bb master come in

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Can anyone tell me what the supposed poundage rating for the BB Master is? I always thought it was somewhere like a #2 1/2. Over at the WWFitness site they have it as equal to the #2. A freind of mine is sending me one in hopes of helping me jump the gap to the #3.

Using Wannagrip's Thread for PDA Calibration Results,  the IP averages are as follows:  #2 - 291,  BBM - 330, #3 - 412.  The results are far from conclusive because measurements for only 1 BBM have been submitted, versus 11 for #2 and 25 for the #3  (I have chosen to exclude modified grippers from any of my calculations).  This rates this particular BBM at a 2.3 in average strength when compared to a CoC Gripper.  

I need something in that range myself. My #3 is still laughing at me!

Alan

If you want ot be sure to have an ''in-between'' gripper, to get from the #2 to the #3, the best way is to order a SOS gripper from PDA. I don't have a BBM and my #2 is ruined because I filed the handles too short. I ordered a SOS class III gripper rated at 335 in/lbs. I think that this gripper will be the ticket to close the little gap I have to dig on the #3.

As most of you know, the SOS grippers are calibrated. You can choose a gripper in the range you want.

I choose not to bid on the BBM. I go for precision with PDA's SOS. Check out the website :

fractionnalplates.com

Guest Jeff Roark

Thanks for the input guys. I don't won't to rain on anyones parade, but I am not interested in calibrating and all that. I am just a simple guy who wants to close his #3, along with many more grip goals. Once again thanks.

Jeff..... get the BBM anyway.  At worst, you'll have a #2.  With the wider handles, it is tougher.  I've got two of them, and both are tougher than my IM #2.

My #2 and BBM have the same handle width but the BBM is tougher to close -about 2.2

I think the difference is the setting in the spring.

Train Smart.

James

Guest Jeff Roark

I got the BBM last night from a freind. I opened it up and cold mashed it down to about 1/4 inch away. It is tough! I got it home and compared it to my #2, its handle settings is about 1/2 inch wider. I would venture to say it is anywhere around a 2.4 or so. I have closed my #3 down to 1 inch. Tou, you said you filed your handles too short? Did you take off the actual length of the handle? Instead of taking length off, has anyone tried to file just the inside of the handles down? What was the outcome?

Jeff,

I cut the handles of my #2 at 3''. The sprign makes a weird noise when I close this gripper (which is VERY close to my #3).

Joe Kinney filed the inside tips of grippers. It gives you a greater range of motion and negatives with a greater range of motion can only be good.

I'll never cut the handles of a gripper anymore. When i'll want a tougher gripper, I'll order a SOS from PDA.