CLOSED THE #2 LAST NIGHT!

Guest kINGPIN

Guest kINGPIN

Last night I was practicing with my nunchucks for quite a while which is something I have been doing for quite a while now.  One thing I have noticed is how strong my hands feel after a good session with them.  After about half an hour I decided to give the CoC a try.  I was just messing about because I had already had a workout the night before so I was'nt expecting much.  I gave the #2 a shot and it got further then I have ever got.  It got to about 2 ml and then just stopped.  I squeezed and sqeezed and it just was not happening.  I knew I couldnt give up after getting this far so I dug deep down into my reserves and finally felt and saw the thing shut for just a breif second.  I could not believe it.  I can not say that I CAN close the #2 but at least I HAVE closed the #2.  I am being real pateint now and waiting for tuesday so I can give it a proper try.  Its not an amazing feat but it is just one more step up the ladder to the #3.

Kingpin,  If you have closed it once, you will close it again!!  Don't let any doubts enter your mind, as now you have to take the attitude of "I own you, you are mine now" with the #2 gripper.  That also goes for any weight you lift as well.  One day when the #2 is a warmup gripper for you during your workouts, you will look back and see how far you have come physically, but above that, mentally.  When you succeed at anything, do not ever forget the euphoria, and always feed off of it.  I will never forget how I felt when I first closed the #1, the #2, or the #3.  It always spurs me on to try harder!!  Now go crush that #2 to dust!!!

(Edited by 3Crusher at 8:23 am on Nov. 11, 2001)

Great job kINGPIN!, Don't downplay your accomplishment, you CAN close the number 2.  The first time you close a tough gripper, its always a bit hard to believe.  But trust me, soon the #2 will feel very manageable, and you will be able to close it when ever you please and in front of whoever you please.  Keep up your training and you'll see.  Congratulations

Kingpin,

I respectfully tell you that you are dead wrong;

it is an amazing feat to close the #2! It may not

be amazing among the group that swings from the

trees here on the grip board, but among the general

population you will be hailed as a king pin. Congrats!

great job, man. i closed the #2 for the first time recently and it took me a week to be able to close it again. it's still hit or miss, but progress is progress.

Kingpin - Keep up the good work!

I haven't close the #2 yet!!!! 1" more to go!!! Really pissed off with myself.

Can you tell me your training routine with the COC?

This is my current routine.

TX10

BBAdvanceX5

BBAdvanceX3

Strapholds with the BBAdvance X2

Negatives with the #2 X2

This is for the right hand... the left hand is another story.

It takes me about 25min. My goal is to close the #3 before I turn 19 next year(before November)- What do you think?

I would like some advice.

Once again. good job.

JAMES

Congrats Kingpin!  Now, the quest for the #3.

Way to go, Kingpin!  Perhaps you could add the nunchucks to your grip training routine!  Whatever helps you along - I say use it.  Congrats..... now on to the #3!  :)

kINGPIN,

You gotta play the mental game!  Roark is right.  Look at your name, then check your attitude.  Not only have you closed it, not only can you close it, you have CONQUERED it!  Stand up and shout, man!   YES I CAN, YES I DO, and YES I WILL!  The #2 is dust, and the #3 is lookin' kinda scared.........

Guest kINGPIN

Thanx for the encouragement guys.  When I got the gripper I knew it would not be long before it happened but I just could'nt belive it would be on a rest day.  It sounds stupid but the nunchucks really do wonders for my grip workouts.  I think it may act as a good warm up without tiring the hands too much but even when I get certified for the 3 those things are coming with me.  

james, I posted the way I train on a post named question for kINGPIN.  Not a lot has changed really and it won't change until it stops working.  I am now wrist rolling a lot and have got a bit more enthusiastic about pinchin after strong advice from Sybersnott and have started doing negatives.  Now I have a three I also work with that which I think has helped a lot.  I can only just get the handles to parralel (on a good day) and then the thing bites and stops.

Thankyou again for all the encouragement this board has given me.  the closing of the #2 was not just down to me, without the advice an knowledge from here I would'nt have got this far.

Andy

Guest steiner1014

:)  :) Congrats King:   I recently closed the #2 as well...It was kinda funny because the workout before I closed it, i came within a dime width from closing it....Then, 2 days later, I was just toying with it(not being serious at all) and then BOOM, I closed it...NOT ONCE BUT TWICE!!!   I was totally estatic about it.   Now I am doing negatives with the number 3 COC Gripper.....Good luck to you PINMAN!!!

STEIN