Ironmind News.

2strong

IIf you don't like this rule then let ironmind know about it. We as the customers have a ton of imfluential power. If enough people threaten to boycott their products then they will listen. And if they don't, screw em.

Eh, try to avoid the word boycott. It sounds so whiney, phony, and self-sacrificial. Just make it a "this pissed me off, and there's a lot of companies making and selling what you make and sell. Later." Just let them know that they aren't your favorite anymore, and why. He can connect the dots.

Edited by CMunger

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Rob Vigeant

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

Tetting crank up the MMG0 production!

With this rule, are we allowed to set the gripper deep, close it, and THEN open it wide enough for the credit card? Reshutting it of course after the credit card distance.

that's a very good questions AP. It makes a big difference.

I just left the following email with Ironmind.

"....I just closed my #2 for the first time Saturday and was elated, I had just challenged another friend who just closed his for a race to close the #3.

You just removed any interest I have in trying to certify on your grippers. I sadly will now not be purchasing a #3 gripper, or anything else from your company. I love your products, but do to what I perceive as a lack of support from you really makes me not want to spend my money with you. I can get anything I need from the local hardware store, Mr. Tetting, Fat Bastard Barbell company, and many others who support strength athletes like myself.

I feel like your company, though the products may be great, and the customer service on ordering a product may be great, the politics are highly suspect. In fact, if I may feel free to offer that the marketing behind the rule change may have been poorly thought out. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

My challenge has now been changed to another gripper that though may not be the quality of an Ironmind gripper, will certainly be void of the politics behind it.

your saddened and disappointed former customer......."

Be interesting to see if I get a reply

Edited by dubthewonderscot

Looks like the expansion of the COC list will now slow down quite a bit. My sympathies to all who were just about to cert.

A valid point about cleaning house. Anyone who had certified under the older rules, who cannot certify under the new rule, should be removed from the list, or as a point of honor should remove himself, or as a point of business should be removed by the company. Double stamped, Double trouble, Double talk, Double back and start again.

So now, the step from 3 to 4 is even larger, if the rule concerns only the 4.

Time to concentrate on our in-house certification process and let others needlepoint new rules.

I think a few guys have allready mentioned it but i think it needs to be mentioned again.

If you don't like this rule then let ironmind know about it. We as the customers have a ton of imfluential power. If enough people threaten to boycott their products then they will listen. And if they don't, screw em.

I told Bill Morrison of Heavy Grip the same thing. He has, if he so desires, absolutely the best 'test bed' ever just sitting here waiting to be asked in the shape of the Grip Board members.

Why doesn't Randall invent some full proof means of testing a CoC 3 or 4 on the day - bring your own bath room scales ;)

What do you guys think are the best alternatives here in the US for a COC 3? Or heck, for COC's in general?

Thanks

W

Please include a website if you can.

What do you guys think are the best alternatives here in the US for a COC 3? Or heck, for COC's in general?

Thanks

W

Please include a website if you can.

I think a BBGM is pretty close. Warren Tetting or wwfitness

I think Randy is getting upset about how much room all the new COC's take up in each new edition of MILO.

Serioulsy though, I think the fact that so many people are now joining the ranks of the COC's it makes the grippers look too easy and conflicts with how he advertises them. That being nearly impossible tests of grip that only few men will ever do. He feels his grippers are being viewed as a joke to consumers who don't know better and this is his solution.

Yeah, but is the average consumer even interested enough to find Ironmind? Heck, untill I introduce them, nobody I know has ever heard of them.

Guest gripmaster316

I was just about to email IM, so much for that. Thankfully, I am close to no-setting the three. I just have a curious question; will we ever see another name on the #4 list?? Who out there can no set a 4?

I will say this about the new rule.....It did wonders for my bending workout today.

10 8twist Timber Ties now lay dead in my path.

Thank you Dr. Strossen.

I was just about to email IM, so much for that. Thankfully, I am close to no-setting the three. I just have a curious question; will we ever see another name on the #4 list?? Who out there can no set a 4?

Yes. Theres plenty out there. I think John Wood will be there within a year. Heath will be able to also within time. By then though the rules will read anyone with the initials H.S. will not be able to cert on a #4.

A poor solution at best. A credit card... c'mon, how cheesy is that?

"Hello Mr. Witness, nice to meet you. I've got my gripper, can I borrow your credit card?"

I'm going to try closing a #3 under these new conditions later tonight. If I cannot, I'll be emailing Randy and request that my name be removed from the list. I'd suggest other COC's do the same. What the hell do we care? You got the hat, the shirt, a write up in (edited to save space) and a certificate you can wipe your ass with... I think such a request, and a few choice words, would certainly get the point across.

Heath, Dave Morton and Clay are definitely capable of it. When I asked Clay a few days ago he had no interest in training for it, but maybe he will change his mind.

OK so I am going to be flamed....

I actually like the idea behind the rule, I dislike the distance required. What do people think if the rule was set it, hold a ruler, prove at least 1" is open and then remove the ruler and crush. That would not be a drastic change of the requirements from day 1 (always required to show 1" of crush after the set).

Well even though the 1" rule has always been in place holding a ruler up would still be a change and making the person hold it would still be different than what has been done in the past.

The only part of my hand Ironmind products will be seeing anytime in the near future is my middle finger.

As it was said....to all looking to certify, this sucks.

Matt I agree, but this additional rule obviously was to correct a problem he had with the way the sets were being performed. And the way they were being judged (witnesses were certifying deep sets).

Please notice I said a problem HE had. He believes that they were not done correctly. Now HE has gone overboard and possibly too far.

maybe the witness could hold the ruler for 1"? thats not too stupid but this hold and pause thing sucks...

Someone needs to send this whole thread to Strossen

I think Strossen is a member of this board already or he has someone working for him who is.

Who is The Mole ?

Edited by tmmicklabs