Ironmind News.

2strong

I can close my #3 again with the previous rules and a set as deep as possible (1") but i can manage only 3 reps on my #2 with the new rule (slight set, credit card and close) :ohmy I have 8" hands... I think that says something about the difficulty of the task. I bet there would be an 80% drop in the list with this new rule.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Rob Vigeant

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

I can close my #3 again with the previous rules and a set as deep as possible (1") but i can manage only 3 reps on my #2 with the new rule (slight set, credit card and close) :ohmy I have 8" hands... I think that says something about the difficulty of the task. I bet there would be an 80% drop in the list with this new rule.

I'll bet the #4 list goes to 0 and the #3 list goes to maybe 15.

We just tried it with a co-worker who has smaller hands. He has to not use his pinky and do a no-set. His pinky can't begin to get around the gripper to fit the rule of the credit card. :blink

Ricockulous. I wasn't deadset on certifying or anything, but it was something on my lifetime "to do" list. Oh well. I just really don't think it's an obtainable goal for me now. Or at teh very least I'm not close enough to pursue it at an attainable goal. I think there should be a BIG F'ing asterisk by the list, because it's a completely different ballgame now. Oh screw it, he might as well wipe the list clean and make it a recertification process.

I just can't help myself.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Oh the RED IM Nail list is growing also!!!!!! :yikes

Can't wait to see the rule change on this. lol

Thank goodness for the Challenge Bars from Horne.

I'll be purchasing Tetting grippers from now on

and be working towards the Mash Monster along

with my son. Where I know the rules aren't gonna

be changed midstream that make a joke out of the

whole certification process. :whacked

Oh the RED IM Nail list is growing also!!!!!! :yikes

March 12, 2005: Ironmind Nail ends must cross over and re-loop through the center in the shape of a square knot.

Oh the RED IM Nail list is growing also!!!!!!  :yikes

March 12, 2005: Ironmind Nail ends must cross over and re-loop through the center in the shape of a square knot.

:laugh:laugh:laugh

I'll bet 2 things

1. They will change this rule AGAIN!

2. This Topic will break a record :tongue

Gripboard Mash Monster Update:

Bob Lipinski tries for certification this weekend.

Rob W creamed the MMG2, waiting on video.

Jeff Peterson and Matt Makousky are on deck for MMG1.

Dave Morton is up next for the MMG2.

News brought to you by your local GripBoard admin.

Oh screw it, he might as well wipe the list clean and make it a recertification process.

What do you mean."might as well"?

Of course the list has to be wiped when the rules are changed so it has become harder. Those on the list has not met the qualifications!

Nils

This is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard.

I can't even close my # 1 using the credit card rule let alone a # 2.

My hands are 7.5 inches and my pinky is no where near the bottom of the handle with this rule. How am I supposed to close a gripper that I cannot even get my fingers wrapped around. Randall has lost his damn mind this time.

I only know of about 5 guys that could close the # 3 under this new rule and I don't know of anyone that can or will ever close a # 4 using this new rule.

I don't close grippers by getting it set...then opening up my hand and the gripper to a credit cards width and then trying to squeeze.

I close grippers like Heath and Dave Morton do. I set it down to an inch and explode all over that sum bitch all in one motion.

It's called momentum Dr. Strossen.

It's just like asking a long distance jumper to sprint up to the line...then stop and have his shoes inspected...and then do the long jump from a stop...I don't think so.

I will no longer be buying any more of Ironminds products because of this crap.

At least with a no-set I could wriggle my fingers and get them wrapped around the gripper.

I can close a Trainer...# 1...and a BB Super Advanced using a no-set.

I can close a # 2 if I set it down to 1 inch.

I can only close the Trainer using the new credit card rule.

What a load of Crap.

Good Day :angry:

Edited by tmmicklabs

Congrats Rob W. :rock

Good Luck Bob and Dave!! :rock

Good luck Matt and Jeff !!! :rock

Edited by bballdad

Isn't the Ironmind list by Year? All this means is that pre-2004 Coc's met an easier standard. This should encourage the old Coc's to re-certify under these new and stricter conditions. I like the new rule, as it raises the standards and eliminates a technique which violated the spirit of the original challenge. Tetting himself doesn't think a set should be allowed.

I do think he should allow people to close the gripper with three fingers, so small people have a good chance at it. Really though, almost all the current Coc's could close a #2 or BBSM without a set, so it really is a strength issue.

Well done Randy! You just should have done this years ago.

Robert

Isn't the Ironmind list by Year? All this means is that pre-2004 Coc's met an easier standard. This should encourage the old Coc's to re-certify under these new and stricter conditions. I like the new rule, as it raises the standards and eliminates a technique which violated the spirit of the original challenge. Tetting himself doesn't think a set should be allowed.

I do think he should allow people to close the gripper with three fingers, so small people have a good chance at it. Really though, almost all the current Coc's could close a #2 or BBSM without a set, so it really is a strength issue.

Well done Randy! You just should have done this years ago.

Robert

We all know RSW's position on the no set has been documented previously, so let's not start an internal flame war on this. Thanks.

Well done Randy!  You just should have done this years ago.

Robert

I agree. Years and Years ago. Let's say about 1990.

edit: oops, double post

Edited by CMunger

I think some e-mails to Ironmind are in order. It seems like bad business sense to piss off the grip world when you differentiate yourself by selling grip products - especially bad when you are a Taxifornia company.

One or two of the replies seem to think some of the 'old CoC' used a set. Most of us didn't. It's mostly the current crop of guys coming from the board who learnt about 'setting'. I closed mine without a set and yes I have large hands and even with a set could use the new rule - no problem.

Let's focus on training the full range.

Given this new change do you think we could add a mash monster level that is = to the #3 so that those who want to cert on a gripper like the #3 can.

One or two of the replies seem to think some of the 'old CoC' used a set. Most of us didn't. It's mostly the current crop of guys coming from the board who learnt about 'setting'. I closed mine without a set and yes I have large hands and even with a set could use the new rule - no problem.

It's easy to say this Steve when your hand is big enough. :)

When a no set is basically a "set" with a hand big enough! :cool

Hey all right! Just in time to screw Heath out of a #4 cert. To hell with those bastards. We have the board cert and Warren Tettings new cert to shoot for. I wonder what stupid rule he will throw in next to try and fix what he has already screwed up.

you know, after just closing my 2 and deciding upon my race to the 3 with Rekx, i've just lost interest in certifying with Ironmind. For me its just closing it. Rekx, for me the race is still on, but lets make the gripboard the judge, not Randy.

I will now buy products from someone other than Randy. Hello PDA, hellow Mr. Tetting, hello Fat Bastard, hello David Horne. Everything else can be supplied by Loews, my local welder, and amazon.com

Oh, and the Grippage! Thanks Wanna.

Should we start our own magazine that could actually mention the grippage? I actually thought about that myself the otherday. Bill, would you be interested?

Given this new change do you think we could add a mash monster level that is = to the #3 so that those who want to cert on a gripper like the #3 can.

Oh most definitely. This opens the door for this. A gripper lower than than the MMG1. Most likely just call it the MMG.

We'll wait to see if the rule changes yet again in the next day or so. ;)

Jeff P, I will be contacting you soon about the MMG3 and now the potential for MMG.

It's easy to say this Steve when your hand is big enough. :)

When a no set is basically a "set" with a hand big enough! :cool

Is 8 and a 1/2" big??