Ironmind News.

2strong

http://www.ironmind.com/morenews.php?id=687#687

The free hand may be used to position the gripper in the gripping hand, but the starting position can be no narrower than the width of a credit/ATM card, and the gripster must show the official that he has an acceptable starting position by using his non-gripping hand to slide the end of a credit/ATM card in between the ends of the handles. Once this is done, the official will give the signal to remove the card and begin the attempt. Any contact between the non-gripping hand and the gripper as the card is being removed will invalidate the attempt, and the non-gripping hand must stay at least a foot from the gripping hand at all times during the squeeze. Similarly, nothing may be in contact with the gripping hand or the gripping arm from the elbow down (for example, the free hand is not allowed to steady the wrist of the gripping hand or hold the spring, etc.). The entire squeeze must be clearly visible to the official: the gripper cannot be closed while blocked from view and then turned and presented as already closed.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Rob Vigeant

• OldGuy

• mobsterone

This can't be good for business!! lol

I just stuck a card between my #3 hehe

might as well be a no set!!!!

I'm very satisfied with this new rule cause it removes any chance for me to get certified in the next ten years :laugh Like this i can focus on bending and maybe i'll become a mash monster somewhere down the road. That is IF the rule doesn't change tomorow :shifty

I'm very satisfied with this new rule cause it removes any chance for me to get certified in the next ten years :laugh Like this i can focus on bending and maybe i'll become a mash monster somewhere down the road. That is IF the rule doesn't change tomorow :shifty

John Wood is now the KING of grippers.

WOW.... I have to try this later and see if I can get the gripper in position and then open it this wide. This will also require a lot more time holding the gripper before you try the crush. Better make this part of your training if you want to certify.

Yet another blow to people with small hand (myself included).

At least this is a change to the rules and not some last minute word of mouth requirement. While IM is at it, the rule about closing a out of the package #4 during the #4 cert should be codified too.

Is he going to start a new list? Closing under the old rules and this rule are completely different.

What do people think the effect of this new rule will be? Before when people asked me if it was cheating to set the gripper I told them it was perfectly legit because that is what you could do when you certified with Ironmind.

Now that is not the case. Is using a set now cheating?

In any event, it is strange to change course mid stream like this. The list is now meaningless. I'd say less than half of the people on it, if that, could close the #3 with the new standard. I wonder if any of the people on the #4 list can close using the new standard? If they cannot, that is not a slam against them--just a statement that I think you would have to be from another planet to close a #4 with no set.

It's almost like Randy is pissed that so many people have been closing his #4 and he wants to put a stop to it. This should definitely do the trick.

Edited by rbrown

How stupid! Wouldn't the list of COC's have to be started from scratch again? The IM certification no longer has any credibility if Strossen is going to change the rules all the time. Pretty soon you will be required to use only 3 fingers and then he'll decide that only inverted no-set closes while hanging upside down are accepted. This decision only stands to reinforce the Mash Monster cert as being far and away the most legitimate.

Edited by David Ostlund

I have 9" hands and can EASILY no set a #3.........And "I" have a hard time keeping the set with the new rule..........I'ts much harder than a no-set!!!!!!

He says to slide the END of the card in between. Maybe that means the narrow side of the card. Not very clear in addition to being a dumb rule.

I'll still train for the #4, but I will never attempt to certify on one as long these rules are in effect.

Obviously, this rule was spur of the moment and not well thought out.

Edited by smitty

I just did as well. He just eliminated all short fingered people.

To do this one has to basically do a no set close.

Those with big hands will now have an advantage.

It's 2 1/8" for a credit card.

Oh, the mash monster rules will remain as is. Parallel handles. We will NEVER make a rule change mid stream. The only way a rule change would happen is if a new level was created so ALL would be subject to the new rule at the newer level. :mosher

I just did as well. He just eliminated all short fingered people.

To do this one has to basically do a no set close.

Those with big hands will now have an advantage.

This is much harder than no set... A no set you can crawl the gripper in position

with the new rule you would have to let it out a little......but i know how to beat the new rule ......I'm going to use my mobil on the run credit card :tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue

Oh, the mash monster rules will remain as is. Parallel handles. We will NEVER make a rule change mid stream. The only way a rule change would happen is if a new level was created so ALL would be subject to the new rule at the newer level.
That is the professional way to do things!!!
John Wood is now the KING of grippers.

No set, no chalk, no problem

Edited by smitty

It is not physically possible for some people,When the gripper is set and open as wide as possible some don't have hands big enough to fit the credit card.....Thus, eliminating some very strong individuals

The New COC saying:

"Don't leave home without it! Certification - priceless."

Or

"Your Grip has been DENIED!"

How many of you that certified can do this? Can we start a list of you that are certified and if you can do this under these conditions?

Perhaps we could have a list of COCs, hand Size and if they can meet the new requirement.

I 'm sure that I am not the only one that would be interested in the impact of this new rule.

Maybe its time Dr.Strossen paid more attention to the quility control of his grippers

(LIKE THE MM grippers)then he wouldn,t have to fanny around with the rules of certification so much :blush

Even Brookfield's hands are 7", right?

NO!!!!!!!!!