Night Of Strength!

John Wood

Dan Awesome job! I would also like to hear how many reps people got with the #3, how close others were on the 4, blob lifters, etc

Austin :rock

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Wood

• Dan Cenidoza

• Bearcat 74

• smitty

Reading all this stuff makes me wish I coulda gone!! Oh man, I feel bummed!! :(

I don'y know if it was energy or intensity or magic or something else that can't be described in words but there was a feeling going on in that room like nothing else I've ever been a part of.

At the beginning of Night of Strength II there was what amounted to a room full of strangers. Yeah, many of the grip board guys had been in contact but we still didn't know one another. I know I was beat after walking around the Arnold Expo, I mean I was dog tired. All of a sudden the room started filliing up and my batteries started recharging. People started lifting some great Atomic Athletic equipment, talking training , encouraging each other, and just having one hell of a time.

Not everybody showed up who said they would be there but that kind of thing happens with events like this. It didn't really matter because those who were there were all went to the post and really made the event really special.

By the time the first night of Night of Strength II was over, everyone in that room was one big family. Man, it was a wild time.

I'm still sore and its looking right now like I'll have to take tomorrow off too.

I'm going to have to break my report into chapters since one post would not do it justice.

excellent report men..... :D it was a pleasure reading your briefs....it sounds like the board was very well represented.

congrates to the guys who had PRs

Wow what about that female who closed the #2, thats is totally awesome..........

hey bro i hope your mom feels better and how is she doing know?

Rumor has it John Wood should be nick named "Freak Show" as well! :mosher

I'm OK but man, everyone in the room was doing something worldclass every time I looked around. I'll get into more detail when I'm up to it. I also still have to get some of my pictures developed. I'll bug Roger to put some pictures that he took tomorrow in the Atomic Athletic gallery(if he has recovered enough from NOS II to do so.)

Dan Cenidoza performed ass-to-the-floor zercher lifts while grasping an Atomic Athletic padlock weight in each hand. Plus he did one arm zerchers of the same weight. The man does not quit. He ignores the pain of a one inch bar creasing his bicep tendon. He is a warrior.

-Jedd-

I'm humbled. But if I'm not mistaken, the bar was 1.25" and weighed 209... the same bar that Jedd pressed overhead, then held it with one hand while bending down to touch his toes.

I'd post some pictures but I haven't figured out how to compress the files. :online

I can't use the word Impressed, because I was far more than impressed.

I cant use the word amazing, because it went above and beyond amazing.

It was a testament to what hard work and dedlication is. It was a testament to what The GripBoard stands for.

To quote Kim Wood, "If I was ever in the shit, I would call you guys. You guys would walk through fire in a gasoline suit for one another."

That sums it up. I had a great time and I met some of the greatest people walking the earth. Kim, John, Pat, Heath, Mac, Jake, Roger, Jedd, Smitty, animal cage, Jeff, Dan, etc. You fellas are my kin. I would go to battle with you fellas any day.

Thanks for the memories, the fun, and the friendships.

Thanks to you Roger for one hell of a good time!

Rick Walker :rock

Couldn't put it any better if I tried! Amazing group of gentlemen, we know who "goes to the post" for sure. Thanks again to Roger and John and Kim Wood. This is one of those times the grandkids will hear about.

Everybody was impressive, but special pops to Dan Cenidoza and Jedd, amazing demonstrations of strength to spare. If Dan went any lower on his Zerchers, he'd come up with Vince Basile stuck to his ass :D

I don't think there will be any certifications from NOS, I saw Heath close a #4 and so did some other folks who should matter. I think the rules are different for Heath, and I sure as hell don't know why. Interesting how after all the shit we did at the end of the night, he slammed a gripper shut that two certified #4 closers got to 1/4". Whatever, everybody knows the truth. It's a sad joke.

Webster......MOVE!

Heath could hold a #4 shut during the entire running of the Boston Marathon and some excuse would be unveiled as to why the closing should not count.

C'mon spill the beans. What happened, what excuses, how could strossen turn these certs down?

Kinney's wife was his only witness, now a mamouth crowd isn't enough?

Edited by AP

Kinney's wife was his only witness, now a mamouth crowd isn't enough?

Not for Heath :(

Ah fellas...what an awesome night! I am still recovering, my hands felt like softball mits on saturday and sunday. I tell you what...Jedd, Dan, Pat, John, Heath...you are a bunch of freaks! Not only from a physical standpoint, but metnal toughness is their biggest asset as far as I am concerned. I mean, crazy stuff, neck brindges while picking up 2 55lb. anvils, 200lb.+ Zercher squats while gripping stuff, and rolling the bar back and forth up and down the forearms, Strappin stuff to heads while bending spikes, I mean...MAN! Great group of guys, all really hungry and driven, there was a ton of energy in that room, great vibes! I know some PRs were done there too, I believe Heath came about 1/4" in from closing the Phantom 4 gripper (and I heard he closed the CoC #4), Dad cleaned a 46lb. blob holding it by the face, and I got the 50lb. blob off the ground for the first time in the GNC booth, finally getting it to my chest height, later getting Dad's original Blob (52.5lb.) about 1 foot off the ground, something that I would not have been able to do if it were not for the energy in the room at the NOSII...thanks guys!!!

Dad and I are sorry we could not make it the next night (saturday) as we had to help out witht he Strong man series portion of the Arnold Classic. We had designed and brought up a HUGE challenge DB which was on site backstage, which was to be used for a timed hold if there a tie between any of the competitors. Keeping our roots true, and respresenting gripsters everywhere, the impliment we came up with to test the huge guys' grip strength and toughness was a 3" handle giant version of the INCH bell (this would have looked AWESOME on stage). It had hollow globes with a base weight of 113lb., but was loaded to 123lb. with extra plate weight (an amount that was figured to be appropriate by Odd Hogden, Richard Sorin and myself). Well, the Strongman event went on without a hitch, and the Giant bell did not need to be used, but with dad as the predetermined judge for this event, we had to be there. This was not a bad thing, for we were able to rub elbows with folks such as Mark Henry (who told me, "I have closed a #4, but I can't do it with both hand simultaniously yet."), Bill Kazmaier (who was excited about his son's discus throwing), Arnold (need I say more), Joe Weider (again...need I say more), and all around good guy and freaky gripman Phil Phister, who clean and jerked EASILY the 3" bell weighing 113lb., and deadlifted it twice with it weighing 163lb.!!! (something we though may be impossible.)

We will send some pics in when we get them, I cant wait to see the other pics that people got at the NOSII. What a great time! Thanks Roger for putting it on, but equally important, for everyone who put on the best show around!

Live Strong,

Bert Sorin

I was not in the middle of a crowd. There were a lot of people in the room, and I wanted to do it in private. Pat got Dr. Strossen, my mom and my dad. The 5 of us went out into the hall and I attempted the #4. I did not take any warm-ups, 1st was set and paused, credit card. I rested and the 2nd was set and not paused, I simply set and blew through it. Dr. Strossen called it for depth. The 3rd was set and paused to a credit card again. I came back in and did a few things and was 1/16" or less on the Phantom 4.

There we go, two people closing a #4 without getting certified, must be something of a record. Congrats to getting that #4, even without Strossens approval.

I hate these set rules because they are enforced for some and not for others!

It was closed with one hand and witnessed by several credible people...that's good enough for me.

I STILL feel like I got hit by a truck.

I think I was hypnotized by Greg Irwin.

It was closed with one hand and witnessed by several credible people...that's good enough for me.

You know what ME TOO!...........CONGRATS HEATH you deserve it #$%& everyone

I was not in the middle of a crowd. There were a lot of people in the room, and I wanted to do it in private. Pat got Dr. Strossen, my mom and my dad. The 5 of us went out into the hall and I attempted the #4. I did not take any warm-ups, 1st was set and paused, credit card. I rested and the 2nd was set and not paused, I simply set and blew through it. Dr. Strossen called it for depth. The 3rd was set and paused to a credit card again. I came back in and did a few things and was 1/16" or less on the Phantom 4.

That is BS, but I am sure you will be certified soon enough, even if you have to no-set close it.

How hard is the Phantom #4 compared to your Coc#4? I seem to remember you almost closing it a couple of years ago at the AOBS.

Great job on the #4.

Robert

Thanks guys. The Phantom is hard. It's wide and a typical Tetting, just gets mean and nasty on the bottom. Throwing the width into it, it is close to my #4. I certainly did not have the rush trying it as I did with the #4, but it is very formidable, very.

Heath take pleasure in knowing for yourself and your freinds here that you have done it in front of the man regardless. Take note also of the all the consistent attempts you have made where others, attempted or successful?, were not anywhere near your consistency on all grippers(#4s).

Hang tough Heath and the next time you stand before some ass that has been assigned to you do a shallow set or none at all and grind the handles until sparks are flying! This was absolutely rediculous. Sort of makes you feel strange after you have went to bat for them so much here.

Heath, great job on smashing the hell out of the #4 on numerous occasions. You've shown that you're the real deal time and time again, and a class act for keeping your cool in public here.

Emerson, "The reward of a thing well done is to have done it."

I am not sure what the reward is for denying something that several reliable people know was well done. Therapy?