Night Of Strength!

John Wood

I just got back..let me tell you guys, what happened this weekend was unbelievable. #3 Grippers were repped, wrenches and red nails were bent, blobs were lifted, anvils were juggled, hand health, insane zercher lifts , the list goes on. I need to have a nap right now because I am worn out beyond belief. I'll post some more details when I wake up. Stay tuned...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Wood

• Dan Cenidoza

• Bearcat 74

• smitty

TEASE!!!

I need to have a nap right now because I am worn out beyond belief. I'll post some more details when I wake up.

As we say in the south, "He got plumb tuckered out...". :happy:laugh

Man, it was a great time! Kim and John Wood are great as always. Pat is the man, Smitty Jedd, Rick, Jake, Sean, Dan and his little brother are some crazy guys! Very cool, very strong. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and train with you guys. Jake's lady closed my #2 easily 3 times. Maximum Mike was there, Incindium, Animal Cage tore a deck of cards, Joe Roark, Mr. Sorin did great stuff, pleasure meeting Bert. Jeff, good to see you again. Wade is a great guy, unreal with the blob. His brother Brad maybe the widest human being in existence, the man is HUGE! I don't know how he gets through doors, very cool as well. Shrug did a thing or two. Overall it was a great time.

Thank you Roger LaPointe!!!!

Amen! Thank you! Roger! An absolute pleasure to meet everyone. Jake Brooks has some strong kin! You ought to get those boys grippin, man!

Awesome weekend - there will be full reports soon from everyone. Everything was captured on tape!!!

One thing I can say right now is - everyone there was awesome and better in person. No bullshit - just an unforgetable time..

It was great to meet everyone and make some solid friendships!

Thanks Roger!!!

Guys,

I could'nt agree with you guys more! The NOS II was an awesome event, I cant really put into words what went on there... it was a gripper grippin, card rippin, blob liftin, barbbell hoistin, neck bridgin, steel bending barrage of the senses! I was throughly impressed with not only the abilities of everyone there but also the attitudes of everyone there, I truly felt in the company of great people who happened to be great grippsters. Can't thank everyone enough for being so kind to Tara and I.

Thanks to Atomic Athletic!

We need more of these get togethers!

I can't use the word Impressed, because I was far more than impressed.

I cant use the word amazing, because it went above and beyond amazing.

It was a testament to what hard work and dedlication is. It was a testament to what The GripBoard stands for.

To quote Kim Wood, "If I was ever in the shit, I would call you guys. You guys would walk through fire in a gasoline suit for one another."

That sums it up. I had a great time and I met some of the greatest people walking the earth. Kim, John, Pat, Heath, Mac, Jake, Roger, Jedd, Smitty, animal cage, Jeff, Dan, etc. You fellas are my kin. I would go to battle with you fellas any day.

Thanks for the memories, the fun, and the friendships.

Thanks to you Roger for one hell of a good time!

Rick Walker :rock

I would also like to say it was super meeting all you guys. You learn alot more about people face to face. I tell you this all the guys that I met Friday night are some of the nicest people around. People just aren't the same over this damn internet. Its nice to be able to talk this way but it cannot compare to being around you guys. Everyone there was there for the same common interest and it was awesome. That was the main attraction for me.

John Wood is just something you have to see to beleive! The man is amazing and fearless! There just doesn't seem to be anything he can't do. Pat is a machine, thats all you can say about the guy. He WALKS the WALK and doesn't seem to want to talk about it, and thats what kicks absolute ass. Rick Walker was just absolutely one hell of a guy and very humble. He has one of the most explosive sets on a gripper that I have ever seen. Super impressive. Jake Brooks and all his family/freinds were absolutle freaks at everything happening. You guys got tons of talent. As always it was great to see my good freind Heath, theres not alot you have to say about Heath either. He does what he says he does and will put it on the line. I would say one of the greatest natural talents on the planet. It was awesome seeing all the Sorin guys doing there thing too. Richard is a pinch/Blob lifting beast! Now for Kim Wood, the man is an absolute blast to be around. He definately doesn't like assholes that drops heavy stuff on the floor hard. It was great seeing you again Kim and getting to really speak with you. I know there are others that I have forgot or just can't remember your name I am sincerely sorry. Semper Fi to one of my bros more ways than one.

Roger, thanks you for such an awesome time and hope to be able to do it again.

Couldn't agree more with what has been said already! Good times fella's, good times!

First of all, hats off to Roger for putting this whole thing together. I want to say thank you to everybody there for their fellowship, inspiring performances and for what I hope is a lasting impression made on my brother, especially you Kim, he really took to you.

As for Friday and Saturday night, WOW! I don't know if I was more impressed with the feats that people were doing or just meeting everybody in general. What a great weekend!

I've got a bunch of pictures that I plan on posting tonight. I'll also be sending a few out in emails. You guys are the best!

To those of you who couldn't make it, see you next year!

-Dan Cenidoza

It was a dissappointing weekend for me. I got up Friday morning to head to the Arnold and the phone rang, my mom's being loaded into the emergency squad and on her way to the hopital - I got out of there about 9 pm. Missed day one of the Night of Strength. I called the hospital early Sat. morning, mom's doing OK. I go to the Arnold, weighed in at 8 AM, lifted at 10AM. Then loaded and helped tear down the Olympic lifting competition (I lift with the Columbus Weightlifting Club that put it on). It's now 10:45PM, I call the hospital, Mom's OK still, run over to the Night of Strength venue in time to meet several guys coming out who say it's all over - Got home at 12:30, totally bummed, had a beer and went to bed. Mom's OK still this morning - may be released tomorrow. NEXT YEAR FOR SURE.

I also have to say that attending the NOS II/Arnold has motivated me to atleast try to work hard again. My main focus of lately has been nothing other than losing alot of flab. I hope I can maintain a bit of strength. The NOS has really motivated me to get back into some grip work. I just gotta steer clear of the gripper as they just result in problems for me. I will be working on pinch, thick bar/roller and plate curls for awhile. I am just going to set some simple goals for these. I would also like to rty my hand at some bending but one step at a time.

Got to meet Heath and Pat. My kind of guys. Very personable. It was my pleasure.

John and Kim Wood. John pulled off feats I would have to set a month aside to train for. Kim was a riot.

Macronan - very nice dude.

Maximum Mike - Great guy. Didn't get a chance to spend a lot of time with you.

Shrug - I shudder to think what this gentle giant will do in the fututre.

Jake Brooks and Lady - Jake's a riot and his girl detroyed the number 2. Jakes cousins, Eli and ___ put a whoopin' on a bunch of feats.

The Sorin family is a family of athletes. Richard dominated, and I mean dominated, my half 110 hex head. Cleaned it with ease.

The Gillingham brothers - Really willing to spend a few minutes to chat ever though they were running the grip gauntlet on the floor of the Arnold.

Great to see Dan C. again and watch him never quit at his pet feat, the Zercher lift with added weight in the hands. His brother is a partying fool. Watch out for him, Danny.

I am probably forgetting other members, in addition to other strength celebrities. It was a great weekend to spend with three good friends - Smitty Bro and Rick and Amy Walker. Thanks for the inviting me, Rick.

-Jedd-

Sounds like a great time was had by all! I would be interested to hear who did what in terms of feats - with all that talent around I'm sure some world class things happened

Dave really liked you Jedd, even before you got drunk off of two "coke and rums" :laugh

He said, "Jedd's a light weight who can lift heavy weight"

:rock

**Actually, he liked everybody. He told me I surround myself with "good people."

Edited by Dan_C

Dan Cenidoza performed ass-to-the-floor zercher lifts while grasping an Atomic Athletic padlock weight in each hand. Plus he did one arm zerchers of the same weight. The man does not quit. He ignores the pain of a one inch bar creasing his bicep tendon. He is a warrior.

-Jedd-