Breaking an egg with thumb and index fingerr

Guest CalvinP

Guest CalvinP

I wonder how many of us can break an egg between the thumb and the index fingers (first knuckle). Stand the egg vertically then squeeze. I have not tried this lately but I doubt I can do it.

Ten years ago at a party, I have aksed more then 10 guys to to see if they can break an egg laying horizontally in their palm. Place an egg in the PALM, close the hand (no thumb) around the egg slowly then squeeze hard (no finger tips alllowed). It was so funny to see an adult tried so hard and couldn't break an egg in this manner, at first they turned the face away, afraid of mudding their face with the raw egg. Then they'd smile sheepishly afterward saying the egg felt like a rock. None of them could break it. You 'll surprise how many non-grippers can not break the egg even in this fashion, try it and let us know. Make sure you have a good egg.

Guest JSallee

your joking right?  

Now my girlfriend is just laughing at me for splattering egg all  over the kitchen.

fe13d2ec.jpg.orig.jpg

sorry it's a little fuzzy

fe13d2e6.jpg.orig.jpg

Please tell me your joking.

Guest CalvinP

Jsallee

You need to read a bit more carefully. There TWO ways of breaking an egg:

1st: ONLY the thumb and index finger with the egg vertivally (lengthwise) between them. Did you inspect your egg?

2nd: PALMING an egg with thumb pointing AWAY (as if you hitch hiking)  from the hand. I said NO THUMB. You had your thumb ON the index finger. Try not to use your finger tips. Only the first 2 knuckles and the palm

This is easier one by the way, and it's wiser to face your hand downward so the stuff doesn't shoot every where in case you break it. This is not surpose to be hard for gripper members.

If your can break with your thumb and index finger strictly, you're good.

• 3 years later...

I must try this very soon :D

EDIT: Sorry for bringing back an OLD topic :blush

Edited by Zakath

I was thinking about trying that. I've seen science shows where they show an egg trying to be crushed point to point pressure and it can't be done.

Looks like the pony clamps may need to be dusted off for this challenge!

The egg is structurally very strong (good design), although not one of the better uses for an egg.

If this takes off there will have to be grade challenges just like for grippers #1 -4 and bars too! :D

Unfortunately, no eggs in the house to try this with, but will have to give this a go sometime.

I just tried it, couldn't do it with thumb/index finger but it was a breeze palming it with no thumb, exploded instantly.