Samuelsson Closes The #4 Gripper

Griparn

He closed it infront of his witness today. Check out Ironminds news!

Seems like there will be a bunch of people closing #4 this year....cool :rock

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Tom of Iowa2

• Matt Van Weele

• The Mac

Wow. There goes another. I like this. I bet it will be close to ten by the end of the year.

I disagree. Unless there are passing of grippers around.

It was done in front of the Swedish Strongman and the Swedish IFSA representant Håkan Petschler. He was Iron Minds official witness.

Wow. There goes another. I like this. I bet it will be close to ten by the end of the year.

There's a lot of time left in the year - about 10 months. Guys have gone from certifying on the 3 to the 4 in less time, and who knows what the year will bring. There are already 5 people on the list, and I can think of 3-4 people off the top of my head who will get certified this year on the 4. That would make Jeff's estimate of the #4 closers list being "close to ten" correct.

Plus there are always the wildcards who are training hard this year and those guys who are pretty close right now may nail it too.

Awesome. :bow:bow:bow:bow

Perhaps because of Samuelson other WSM competitors will have more interest in grip or pursueing the #4?

Adds to Samuelsons verified list of feats and activities...which of course includes being WSM one year. :rock

I figured, Clay and Gorrilla hands. That would be seven. I believe both have closed the #4 before. Steve G, Steve M and Sorin are very close. Heath and Rob W. are very close as well. So if 3 of the last 5 I said were very close that's ten.

I'd like to see this close and see whether it's single or double stamped. If it is single stamped, then I would say it's the greatest 4 close since Kinney.

IMO,3 fingers only-his reported method of closing-adds something to the feat.

How little or how much the pinky is actually 'used'in a normal close is a moot point.

Samuelson closes the #4 with 3 fingers....apparently nobody else does.

I'm not sure that Magnus can close CoC#4 with four fingers. He can do it with three and maybe it depends on that those three fingers are much stronger in the end of the sqeeze and probably better help him to fully close the grippers. I think that Joe Kinney's CoC#4 feat is still a head of anybody else.

Anyway a Big congrats to Magnus Samuelsson! :rock:rock:rock

I'm not sure that Magnus can close CoC#4 with four fingers. He can do it with three and maybe it depends on that those three fingers are much stronger in the end of the sqeeze and probably better help him to fully close the grippers. I think that Joe Kinney's CoC#4 feat is still a head of anybody else.

Anyway a Big congrats to Magnus Samuelsson! :rock:rock:rock

Yes.

I meant it as a compliment.Apparently?nobody else can do this.So it makes Magnus the first 3 fingered #4 close. :D

:bow:bow

HaHaHaHaHa :laugh

What's so funny Rob?

I tend to hear all sorts of rumors by being "stuck in the middle of everyone". I also tend to compare notes on who is closing what when and progress and also people passing grippers around and the variances in performance from one person to the next and the claims made. Makes my head spin!

You'd just shake your head. ;)

Just like do you think it's a coincidence NO ONE has closed a single stamped 4?

Except Kinney.

I tend to hear all sorts of rumors by being "stuck in the middle of everyone". I also tend to compare notes on who is closing what when and progress and also people passing grippers around and the variances in performance from one person to the next and the claims made. Makes my head spin!

You'd just shake your head. ;)

Just like do you think it's a coincidence NO ONE has closed a single stamped 4?

Except Kinney.

The MM will solve all that. Even though i think it has a few "bugs" to get out

it WILL show the top dog.

A big congrats to Magnus. Massive hand strength to say the least. I would love to see him going after the Inch (i.e. put it overhead).

Congrats to Magnus!! The man is a beast! :rock:rock:rock:rock

Just to prove the point I made about getting lots of inside info. Here's a PM I just received from a member:

As I alluded to before, passing the easy fours is in fact happening. Real easy fours!

My #4 has a single stamp.

Tommy, do you have a picture of your closing?

Also, if so, then send me the gripper. I would like to give it a try myself.

My witness Reuben Weaver sent the pic. to Mr. strossen. I may need to get another one.The 4 could be more clear.He tried to enhance it but it made it look grainy.

Really cool to see more #4 closers, it really does make it easier mentally for all other crazy grip guys who one day would like to close it. If they can do it, so can I, etc.

Magnus certified on the #3 in 1998 right? If he bought a #4 at that time his gripper is probably single stamped. Jim Gahnfelt can probably remember how Magnus #4 was stamped?