• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• Matt Van Weele

• joeyg

• Bill Piche

Yes.

I met a women stone sculptor who could easily rep my CoC#1. I did not think much of it given her robust hands and grip and trade. She was not a candidate for a #3, but to me shows the possibility.

I also have heard rumors of very strong Russian women, but nothing verifiable.

If a 14 year old can close it(Mike Sanderson) :bow

Then Im sure if a woman put in the training and dedication she would close it eventually.

The 14 year old has many, many times the testosterone of a woman. It would take a true genetic freak(in a good way) and/or drugs for a woman to close the three.

I say yes.

I've seen Elizabeth get a #3 down to 1/4", and she also closes the Super Master and reps the #2. If she trained specifically for this feat I'm sure she would do it. But a lot of her training this year is for the strongwoman contests again.

David

I say no,

I ant remmber her name now but the swedish armwrestler(women) can harldy take rb160 and i doubt there are womens whos grip is soo much stronger so that theil close the #3

I would have to say yes. Theres probably a few women out there that could do it with training and I'm not talking about the powerlifting chicks that have testosterone in them to be a guy. I think theres plenty strong women out there just like there are guys.

No problem

More women will close the #3 using KTA program.

But they need know grippers are there

Yes, definitely.

It is a question of motivation right now I believe - if we could increase the number of female posters on this board (and other quality boards) I believe it could happen within the next few years. I definitely believe Liz Talbot could do it.

I think the real question is: Are there any women who will want to close the #3?

This is the real question. All of the women I have shown the grippers to have zero interest in closing one. I think finding a woman who wants to dedicate the time and interest to develop the grip needed to close a #3 would be much harder than finding one who has the ability.

You guys have a good point. It seems like finding women interested in developing strength is hard enough. Let alone high levels of grip strength.

Yes, interest is a limiting factor, but I do think that it will happen eventually. I only hope it will be accomplished by a woman who isn't hormonally altered. And I'm not referrring to PMS. ;):laugh

Women's hands are generally smaller also. Wouldn't this make the set more challenging for them?

I would have to say yes. Theres probably a few women out there that could do it with training and I'm not talking about the powerlifting chicks that have testosterone in them to be a guy. I think theres plenty strong women out there just like there are guys.

I agree.

When you have women squatting well over 600 and deadlifting over 600 and benching over 450 and taking in more test than most guys have naturally, you bet it's possible.

When you have women squatting well over 600 and deadlifting over 600 and benching over 450 and taking in more test than most guys have naturally, you bet it's possible.

Beat me to it. If one Mrs S. and her higher test count than any two of us on this board, decided to put her efforts in to the #3 instead of PLing, she'd have closed it by now.

As for a natural? Who knows. It'd probably take a genetic abnomily to have enough growth hormone to strengthen the tendons and muscles to the level needed to close a #3.

Perhaps to the average female, it's impossible? Or maybe it's one of those things that somebody just needs to work at for 20 years to do. Who knows. My vote is for NO.

Julie Havelka closed the 2 and said it took her 3 years to do it. But, she's still young, and has plenty of years to train for the 3.

My friend sumo'd 500 solid a few weeks ago and she's nowhere near her peak yet.

Becca Swanson recently squatted 770 x 2, and deadlifted 635 x 2. Like bender said, if a girl like this prioritized grip, I would bet the 3 would fall.

Edited by Thaibox

I think if a woman closes a #3 it's not saying much for the guys. Apparently the strength ratio should be around 2:1.

Edited by Matt Van Weele

You guys have a good point. It seems like finding women interested in developing strength is hard enough. Let alone high levels of grip strength.

I agree,especially with the females, its all about motivation and interest but,like with the men,it will come down mostlyto GENETICS.Even in the men-we find some gnetically gifted are not very motivated by the thought of grip as a sport????

There are female freaks out there also.They may just be less inclined to display their strength than men.Probably even less interested than the men to show that they even have a good grip.

I know a woman that closed the #1 first time she touched it...she used to lift weights-weighed about 185- and was very strong....however,at the time she closed the #1 she hadn't lifted in years and weighed about 145lbs.She didn't give it a second thought.

Years ago I saw her stand up with 2 ,250# oxygen cylinder tanks,no warmup,(farmers deadlift) and she took the 1200# wheel barrow that the guys used in a strongman contest for a good long walk.She did lift weights at that time but was just flat strong at everything she did-and did not use straps on those two lifts :rock

I also disagree with it-(the women with good grips) having anything to do with the amount of test or drugs that they are taking.With men? the best gripsters are apparently 'clean' and -like it or not-they have a natural predisposition for the activity.The have favorable genetics :cool Its not a bunch of drug monsters dominating grip for men and it,IMO,wouldn't be drug monsters neccessarily having the best grip of females.The women doing these drugs may indeed have incredible lifting power and a few of them may have good grips- but,IMO, for every woman out there doing these extreme chemical alterations to their bodies I would guess there are hundreds with more natural power or more natural ability-'better genetic gifts' that are house wives or sitting behind a desk somewhere.

As we are seeing with male 'gripsters' there are some REAL gifted freaks out there.Just NOW showing up.Most of these individuals hadn't been heard of even 18 months ago.There are more to come.

With the gals with grips?there are likely female SHRUGS,Super daves,Josh Biggers,etc. out there?(hopefully they are more attractive :blink )Probably a lot more women with good grips (or the genetics to obtain good grips)than we could imagine.AND It is FAR less likely that these freaks will be discovered OR that they will ever step foreward..and even LESS likely that they'll ever be interested in the activity.

I suspect that they are out there.

You guys are forgetting, its not all about muscle...the tendons have to have the potential to close a 3, many of these women using "Hormonal Assistance" don't have the "internal wiring" needed to perform such a feat. Many men who have the perfect "wiring" can close the 3 without significant muscle mass. Stefan I hope you dont mind me using you as an example but it will avoid a few arguments...Stefan Straub has average powerlifts for his size, however he has a grip that may very well be the best in the country (CANADA) beating out guys who train there grip AND can more than DOUBLE all his powerlifts. So we can assume that Stefan is "wired" just right for optimal grip strength. So If you where to be looking for a woman to close the three your better off finding a not-so-bulky girl, such as a rock climber or any other grip related activity that someone tried and discovered they were simply a natural at.

Thats my 7 cents anyway....

Edited by Darco

the best gripsters are apparently 'clean'

So are the worst. If fact almost all of us are as far as I can tell. If we started doing drugs the average as far as gripper closing would shoot way up.

edit> although the tendons do make a difference

Edited by ulgrim

I think if some "juiced-up" females started gripping you would see some horrific injuries. Steroids are well known to cause muscle tears. I can just see some

She-male attempting a negative with the #4 and her hand tendons blowing out.