Who Can Do This?

Bill Piche

Svend Karlsen said there was one feat he still cannot believe was humanly possible.

Norwegian oldtime strongmanlegend Torkel Ravndal squeezed the fronttire of Svend's moped flat with his indexfinger and thumb.

Torkel is the guy in my avatar

Uh, Svend rides a moped?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amaury

• king crusher

• antarath

• Digdogz

Svend Karlsen said there was one feat he still cannot believe was humanly possible.

Norwegian oldtime strongmanlegend Torkel Ravndal squeezed the fronttire of Svend's moped flat with his indexfinger and thumb.

Uh, Svend rides a moped?

Wow what are the chances someone brings back the 2 year old thread I was reading at 2 AM :blink

Uh, Svend rides a moped?

Poor moped!! :yikes Perhaps he has thrown it instead of using it the regular way. :D

Uh, Svend rides a moped?

Wow what are the chances someone brings back the 2 year old thread I was reading at 2 AM :blink

Lol.

Once my right thumb heals up (I jammed it a couple weeks ago, it hurts at certain angles, which to me is very odd), I'll give this a go on my old #1 that I gave my friend. I tried on my #2, but it hurt too much, so I stopped.

I still have doubts concerning Kinney's thumb close of a #2. Actually i'm too weak to judge but i would have a hard time choosing what is the craziest: his full range slow motion close of a #4 or this :blink

My intuition is that closing a #2 in that fashion is superhuman (particularly if D.Horne can't close a #1 this way :whacked ). A possibility is that it was a very VERY weak #2, say a #1.5...

Anyway, it was fun to read that thread again!

Uh, Svend rides a moped?

Errr yeah, this was back when Svend was 16 years old.

Torkel was a strongman from 1959-2000, so..

Svend had the last words in the Torkel Ravndal DVD. www.TorkelRavndal.com

That's where he said it.

Yeah, can't even do the store bought gripper yet. Close, very close. A #2 in this fashion is crazy strength. Hell...a trainer like that is pretty insane. Props to David Horne! :rock.

I still have doubts concerning Kinney's thumb close of a #2. Actually i'm too weak to judge but i would have a hard time choosing what is the craziest: his full range slow motion close of a #4 or this :blink

My intuition is that closing a #2 in that fashion is superhuman (particularly if D.Horne can't close a #1 this way :whacked ). A possibility is that it was a very VERY weak #2, say a #1.5...

Anyway, it was fun to read that thread again!

Sheesh, those #2's should come in cereal boxes :laugh

Leave it to me but isn't this basically the whole function of those little IMTUG things?

Anyone wanna saw off the ends of the training and try it that way. A hand-me-down to yourself, sorta.

Take a Trainer. Turn it on it's side.

Put your index finger under one handle. Put your thumb on top.

Close it shut.

DAMN, I have a HG100 that I can't even hardly move, maybe 2 mm, Getting a trainer like that would be a worthy goal indeed.