Who Can Do This?

Bill Piche

Take a Trainer. Turn it on it's side.

Put your index finger under one handle. Put your thumb on top.

Close it shut.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amaury

• king crusher

• antarath

• Digdogz

Damn, that's tough! That's some incredible dynamic pinch strength if anyone can close it that way!

I started trying that to train for cracking a walnut with one hand. I used to guess that it would be somewhere in between a #3 and #4 as far as difficulty goes (I realize I could be way off). I made that guess based on the fact I close my #3 past parallel and I get it a bit short parallel on the walnut crush using a trainer.

Anyway, I still haven't cracked a walnut. For those of you who can crack walnut, how close do you get to closing the Trainer?

I've tried it with my #2 and got nowhere. If I can get ahold of a trainer I'll have to try it...and... I"ll probably get nowhere :D

I thought I heard Kinney could do this with a #2.

I can get it a little past parallel but yea that is pretty tough.

Damn its difficult!!

I'm sure Kinney could have done it, since I've heard he used to do negatives with

100lb on IM Titans telegraph key(or something like that).

Well i don't even dream about buying this (i don't mean that YOU buy it Matt ;) , just that i do not ).

Closing a trainer that way would be a good feat of thumb strength. My guess is that it is doable.

That's what I was told.

I'm not sure if I beleive it. I guess I wouldn't doubt it. The guys used huge weights on a version of the TTK. In his movie he has the largest looking thumb pad I have ever seen. It also looks hard as a rock. I would say that his #2 was a legit one and not tampered with. I can't see why he would lie about doing it.

It's hard to believe, but like Matt said, he used HUGE weight on the TTK. My thumb is fairly strong, nothing special but ok. I can't close the T, but I use about 1/4 of the weight he used on the TTK.

My money is on Wade, Rob W, David Horne, or Shrug to close a T like this. The first 3 are just good pinchers, and Shrug has done 24 reps on a pony clamp, so I see them as being able to or close to doing it.

My money is on Wade, Rob W, David Horne, or Shrug to close a T like this. The first 3 are just good pinchers, and Shrug has done 24 reps on a pony clamp, so I see them as being able to or close to doing it.

The call goes out...!!!