moving tothe next level

cantgripcrap

Through the suggestion by Wannagrip, I ordered the #1 & #2 and should get them next week. I can do the "T" for 5-6 consecutive reps and about 10-12 singles with good holds on each. I'm looking forward to working with the 1 but would like suggestions on how to work into it. Do I warm up with some singles on the T then go for it on the 1? Also, after the attempt on the 1, do I go back and do reps with the T to keep the grip going? Any suggestions are always welcome.

Guest JD79

First run your hands under some warm water. Get it really hot, so hot you can't stand it anymore.  Then do a few quick reps with the trainer.  Then I would chalk up (keeps the gripper from slipping) and attack the #1.  Make sure it is positioned just right and that you are focused.  Squeeze as hard as you can.  If you get an easy single then go again.  If the single is very tough, then wait a few minutes and try again.  If the singles are tough repeat this rest pause system until you can no longer close the gripper.  Then you could rep out on the trainer if you wish.  I don't but its up to you.  If you do fail on the #1, try strapholds with the trainer, or negatives with the #1, or use a grip machine if you have one.  Hope this helps.

JD

Hi Fred-

JC79 said exactly what I would say.  I just tried the hot water thing last night and it really does help.  I do a bit more warm up than JD suggests, but not much.  I do 2 sets of 3 reps and 2 sets of 1 single with the COC I can close for warm-up.  

I have really found strapholds to help me a lot in closing a COC that I am working to close fully.

Have fun cantgripcrapnowwithoutthe"t".

BC.