How often do you train your grip

Guest scotte

Guest scotte

After reading Mastery Of Hand Strength and Nicks' article on how to theoreticaly close the #4, I woundered how often you guys directly train your grip?

(Edited by scotte at 12:03 pm on April 20, 2001)

I now train my lower arms directly at least every other day, probably 4-5 times per week.  I only do 1-2 movements per session however, except for one workout in which I always do 3 movements.  It works well for me at this point in time.

BC.

Guest AghastGrip

I don't have a set amount of times that I train my grip per week, because I simply train whenever I feel that my hands/wrists are ready. I've always been able to recover pretty fast and improve quickly due to my young age, so sometimes I will go through a period where I can train every other day, while sometimes I will have to train every 2-3 days.

I think that this is the best way to train, rather than limit yourself to a specific number of training sessions per week. Just listen to your hands! :)

I train my grip once a week altough I perform deadlift lockout and farmer's walk once a week too. When I feel ready for grip training, I force myself to wait for one more day. When I take the grippers, they are crushed badly.