Book, COC 2

Guest WuBeeman

Guest WuBeeman

Hi!

I´m just starting out with some serius grip training and I have two questions.

Would you recommend the book "Mastery of hand strenght" by John Brookfield, and how many times do i need to close COC 2 before i can close number three? I can bareley close number two one time now but hey, what can you expect, I got my grippers yesterday so i´m happy :)

I would recommend the book.  I got mine the other day and have already read it twice.  It gives a better variety of grip excercises, and how they compliment each other.  Plus it is a good read.  As for the #2 reps, I don't know.  I've gotten my #3 to 1/16, I think I closed it the other day but no one was here to verify it, so I don't know for sure.  I've never done as many reps as possible.  I do 4 sets of 5-8 or 3 sets of 10-12.  I would think 20+ reps.  Hope this helps.

Although many people might disagree with me, I don't think there is a real Reps-to-COC ratio.  The test in the COC's is a measure of resistance.  If you can close the #2 for 20 reps I don't see how that could possable equate to closing the #3 the resistance is still far greater and you have not trained at that level.  I would maybe suggest working the last 1/4" of a gripper as this is where the real tests are.  Kinda of like "Grip Crunches" if you know what I mean.

WuBeeman:its a must read.you will be inspierd to train hard and experiment much.it will make you think and find your own exercises and ways to train.that book and "Dinosaur Training" by Brooks Kubik are really kick ass great books.these books make you wanna train hard,experiment and think.

Bearcat 74:gett a picture! we whant to see you in MILO!

:)

cujo: I agree with you.i dont think high reps is something you have to do for closing a higher level.

for som people it is like that.but i think when i can close #2 the reps on the #1 would not be so high.

but offcourse that depneds on the person.some people are need high reps some low reps.

and you will bee good on what you train.so i agree with you.

Guest WuBeeman

Hi there Niklas.

I already got Dinosaur Training, Super Squats, Beyond Brawn and some other great books.

I was just wondering about your nickname Niklas, are you like me from Sweden?

I would recommend trying to meet up with another GripBoard member in person to talk training and to seek inspiration. You guys from Sweden might be interested in meeting Gunnar Dahlin (Stockholm). BearCat, where do you live?

Solan:yes! you are right.that would be inspiering.

I have heard that Gunnar Dahlin is really cool to train with.a really smart guy.i have read his stuff on cyberpump and RT.

Niklas