Finger Strength

Guest James Newsted

Guest James Newsted

My apologies for creating a new topic which as it would seem to be on a topic far from what is generally posted.

I'm a new member who would like some information (any information) on how to develop finger strength and power (if there is a such a thing). I play guitar and like many people who visit this page do some form of weight training.

Please anyone out there if possible HELP!!!

Increased my finger strength and rehabed a finger/forearm strain with a titans telegraph and eagle loops.

With the eagle loops I did one finger curls.

Joe

Guest AghastGrip

James-

I also play guitar, and how I first got started on griptraining anyway was with a "Gripmaster" finger exerciser. They are only about 10 bucks each, and they range from Extra light to Heavy tension. Check out what I mean at http://www.futuremedia.org/Media/imedia/li...ster/grip1.html

You can find them at about any music store, or a sports equipment shop. I've found them to be quite helpful to directly building strength that helped with my guitar playing.

James, I play bass myself and some fingerstyle guitar. The best excersise of grip I have found for this endeavor is pinch gripping. All widths and shapes of objects. Giving yourself a broad range of strength in the pinch will yield benefits towards playing. If you have any more detailed questions about music grip training just e-mail them to me.

Good Luck,

David

(Edited by Gorilla Hands at 11:05 am on July 5, 2001)

Guest Al Stuckey

I agree with Gorilla Hands.  I play acoustic guitar, and train my grip regularly.  I train on the G-Rex 621, and have found that the pinch grip function on that machine has helped immensely with my playing.

Al

Ten Mile