Chris Caffery And Company

EricMilfeld

Strongmitts and his adorably cute and ridiculously strong fiance showed up at my pad yesterday morning. It was great to finally meet. Starting with squats, the show was stolen by the 4' 11" Wonder Woman with a picture perfect, deep set of four with 255. She's gearing up for the women's nationals with her sights on a 336 squat. Combine that with her 310 deadlift and 170 bench, and you get one tough customer at 123 pounds.

Next up was my 45 second certification bend of a 240 bar. Having the support of my new friends helped me get through that vein poppin effort. And since I had a witness handy, I bent a grade 5 as well. Then Chris showed his stuff. I quickly learned that he's one of those guys who doesn't know his own strength. His best attempt with a grade 5 up until yesterday was a very slight kink. He improved upon that considerably, and had it not been for the fact that he's still recovering from a pec tear, the grade 5 would have been all his. I suspect he'll be whoopin my butt when he heals up.

Of course we had to do grippers. So Chris picks up my #3, mashes it like nobody's business, and then says in effect that I have a wussy gripper! Chris, did I tell you that you're not welcome at my house ever again? That's okay though, cuz I used that anger to my advantage. Not only did I close my #3, but his "real #3" as well. The handle spread is identical, with my gripper having a slightly deeper spring, yet his is noticeably tougher. Go figure. The odd part is that I haven't trained grippers in a month, as the bending was destroying my crush.

Oh, and I also got to try my first blob (a 40 pound York). I figured since it went up so easily I might have a chance at a clean. Fat chance. What I find impressive is that Chris manhandles this thing with his 7 1/4" hands!

Can't wait till the next workout! Chris makes one great workout partner, in fact, I guess I'll go ahead and lift the ban I imposed upon him. Come on back any time buddy!

Nice bend wiht the 240!

Dang, I hate that I missed that party! I'm looking forward to getting together with both of you soon. I just have to find a way to not work so our schedules match up better!

Weldon

Great job Eric and Chris

Thanks yall!

Congrats! Sounds like great fun!