Could we have been wrong about exercise selection?

Dim_Sum_Kid

I saw this on the grip training sub reddit and thought it was really interesting. The whole video is good but the interesting part of it for me starts at 4:17

Edited by Dim_Sum_Kid
  • Like 1

And here is an entire community that trains grip way more than a bunch of senior citizens but of course no one thinks of us when it's time for a 'Study".  Climbers - Gripboard members - Ninja Warriors - why would anyone think of studying these groups?  The conclusions reached seem reasonable to what I have observed personally -it's just that no serious groups of people into any kind of grip were studied which in my mind makes the study kind of flawed.

• Like 1

Wrist extensors participating activly in finger flexion is a well known mecanism, in climbing your extensors will be very sore after long sessions.

The issue about training your wrist extensors is that it's simply time consuming compared to how hard your could train the flexors in the meantime.

Instead it's more time efficient to work the extensors in conjunction with the flexors using radial deviation and ulnar deviation, think strongman stuff like hammer raises and such.

Armwrestlers have very strong set of extensors and fairly good grip strength as a result because they train "rising" which is essentially just radial deviation.

After Nationals, I'm thinking of ripping this video to shreds, when I have more time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

After Nationals, I'm thinking of ripping this video to shreds, when I have more time. 

Bury it, brother.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, dubyagrip said:

Bury it, brother.

Doubt I'll get more than 150 views, but gonna try.

• Like 5

@Jedd Johnsonimproving grip strength remains a mystery! Na son go lift them Inch Bells and Blobs.... and put that electrical machine away. 

• Like 4