Tetting Gripper? Silver Crush? Help ID & Info

VintageWeightsPGH

I wasn’t sure the best spot to post this (grip history, etc.)

I bought four older grippers, they unfortunately weren’t packaged very well, and two were lost in the mail. Two survived the journey. I only own newer grippers and I’m studying the history now. Can anyone more knowledgeable help me identify these? 

They are both similar to a #1 CoC in terms of difficulty. The rusty one is wider than the shiny one. Neither have any markings on the bottom. A magnet sticks to both of their handles. The shiny is a bit heavier than the rusty one. The rusty ones knurling is much more pronounced and aggressive than the smaller knurling on the shiny one. 

I checked the IronMind CoC timeline posted on here and the rusty one doesn’t quite fit the description of a Tetting since it has knurling. The shiny one fits the description of a Silver Crush. 

I appreciate any insight or information!0C7FD878-DC28-4316-9D4F-4DEB157B262D.thumb.jpeg.e3740c4cb8983e46f825da1bf68689bc.jpeg3B168E3B-92EA-4220-A56A-FAFC0790EFA2.thumb.jpeg.57b88547dd1313d692bb479bf9ebf011.jpeg4F44C236-FA14-43A8-909D-75394D8742CB.thumb.jpeg.fa8de3add9ff67fa85c3112c6dcb4e17.jpeg956EFFC7-50FD-4765-B20B-EDB3F27D8D7C.thumb.jpeg.44278cec53b6c76bb9d7bef0c6210f47.jpeg7EDF1D00-FDBD-4B8B-BD35-49EC0AF0037D.thumb.jpeg.f6dbcc987fba031fe9412fe3725bb295.jpegF280ED95-2B0E-4733-94C5-8F395FF53B72.thumb.jpeg.8660c7af5cda5f710ff483b36c712b89.jpeg

A8594724-6B27-454C-AC38-1430770E57AF.jpeg

Edited by VintageWeightsPGH
  • Like 6

Rob and I discussed these at length. I encouraged him to solicit feedback here as well.

The silver one does seem like a Silver Crush—Chromium plated steel handles, pinned, etc. However I’ve never seen an IronMind Silver Crush without a number stamp. Anyone have more input on that? 

The rusty one I think is just a post-ironman magazine, pre-IronMind Tetting. By “just” I don’t mean anything pedestrian… absolutely a rare treasure.

It was always possible to contact Warren directly and order custom stuff. These could be late-80s or early 90s commissions. Really hard to know for sure without stamps. 

Any input welcome! They are cool grippers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

Rob and I discussed these at length. I encouraged him to solicit feedback here as well.

The silver one does seem like a Silver Crush—Chromium plated steel handles, pinned, etc. However I’ve never seen an IronMind Silver Crush without a number stamp. Anyone have more input on that? 

The rusty one I think is just a post-ironman magazine, pre-IronMind Tetting. By “just” I don’t mean anything pedestrian… absolutely a rare treasure.

It was always possible to contact Warren directly and order custom stuff. These could be late-80s or early 90s commissions. Really hard to know for sure without stamps. 

Any input welcome! They are cool grippers. 

According to this Gripboard thread (very first post, "Ironmind timeline"), for the IM Silver Crush "No number stamped on handle ends".

Cool grippers btw!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Cannon @slazbob @matek @Jared P

I think the evolution of grippers is fascinating and I’m thrilled to have these.

The two that were lost were similar to the rusty one - post Iron Man / pre IronMind. I’ll update if the Post Office finds them. 

I don’t plan to do much cleanup on the Silver Crush. Just a little 3inONE and gentle brush on the little patch of dirt/rust. 

I’m going to restore the Tetting more comprehensively though, and I’ll post methods/results when I’m finished. 

• Like 6