Training Log

Justin Baumann

I have been a lurker for years on gripboard and figured I'd start posting my training logs here. Looking to start doing the mash monster ladder eventually.

Coc 3 Rgc 149 6 singles 3 minutes rest between attempt. Once I can easily get all 6 reps without an assist, I will move up to my heavier 3. Today I got the first and second rep unassisted and then try as hard as I can for the others and assist with my leg to get a close.

Coc 2.5 Rgc 129 6 singles with a paused hold same rest time as before. This second set of 6 closes is a gripper I can for sure close for 6 reps so I can overcrush it at the end

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Justin Baumann said:

I have been a lurker for years on gripboard and figured I'd start posting my training logs here. Looking to start doing the mash monster ladder eventually.

Coc 3 Rgc 149 6 singles 3 minutes rest between attempt. Once I can easily get all 6 reps without an assist, I will move up to my heavier 3. Today I got the first and second rep unassisted and then try as hard as I can for the others and assist with my leg to get a close.

Coc 2.5 Rgc 129 6 singles with a paused hold same rest time as before. This second set of 6 closes is a gripper I can for sure close for 6 reps so I can overcrush it at the end

Which set width are you training?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Nice work. Sounds a lot like Nathan Holle's program.

If you're already closing CoC3's you should do the MM0 cert!

Thank you and yes it is Nathan's program he has helped with a lot of my questions over the years. I was at a point before the pandemic where I could close my 153 rgc 3 for reps and wanted to certify. Hoping to work my way up to a 3.5 eventually. I will do the mm0 soon probably.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Which set width are you training?

I do not set it with a card or block every session but I would say my average set would be the same distance as the wide side of a ghp block. I have small hands so I set grippers a weird way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justin Baumann said:

I do not set it with a card or block every session but I would say my average set would be the same distance as the wide side of a ghp block. I have small hands so I set grippers a weird way.

That's cool man.  Good strength.

5 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

That's cool man.  Good strength.

Thank you, I have been training along time and plan on doing mm0 I just need to get to 10 posts first.

• Like 1

Today's routine

6 sets of 1 rep credit card set with my 129 rgc coc 2.5. I got the first 4 closes 2nd 2 had to assist to close.

6 sets of 1 rep credit card with my 115 rgc ghp 5. Ghp knurling really messes up your hands

• Like 5

Forgot to post last 2 sessions, on Tuesday I did 6 singles with my 149 rgc 3, 4 full closes 2 needed assist with my leg to close.

Then did 6 closes with my 2.5. Did not need assistance with any of these. I like to overcrush on my 6 closes with the light gripper as if you are to grind the handles together.

---

Today I did the same workout except I only got 3 full closes without assist on my 3. I notice that throughout the month you have very good and very bad days as if you were going in reverse sometimes but it is important to do workouts always even if you are very weak that day. I got all 6 closes with my 2.5

• Like 6

WAY COOL

• Like 1