Training Question...

hooligan

Ok, I currently have a Trainer, and #1... Order was placed today for the #2 and #3.

I have been training since about Friday, first doing some phonebooks, and then bringing my grippers for yesterday and today. I have been doing sets of reps with the trainer, and then immediately going to singles, crush and holds with the #1. Before and after I have been doing extensor excercises with a handful of stout rubber bands.

Should I cut out the Trainer reps and just mash+hold the #1?

I have been feeling slightly "weaker" in my grip since I started with this volume + intensity grip work... and today I have been barely able to mash my #1 for more than 20 seconds.

Well you stated you want to close the #3 so....

You've done the right thing ordering the #2, and #3.

I'd get a SM it is a great inbetween gripper for the 2 and 3.

I'd also get KTA. Everybody learns with this program and since you're relativly new you should learn volumes.

I'd also get a gripper between the #3 and #4. You will want to work with a gripper harder than your goal and the jump from #3 to #4 is HUGE.

Ask loads of questions, and use the search feature to do research.

Good luck!

-HH

Yeah, I actually have closed a #2 before, but that was awhile ago, and I can't do it anymore for some reason... this was about the time where I trained grip constantly, just out of boredom... when I started practicing/competing in strongman, I put down the grippers and haven't picked them up seriously for about 5-6 months... figuring my grip would get worked on Farmer's, Thickbars, etc... that didn't work well, my crush strength died on me, while my other gripping has done well.

Guess I better do a search on the Tetting contacts, and maybe order a RB from the UK, unless there is someone in the US that still has them (especially a RB160 with black spring and brass handles).