Creative Grip Tools

Cannon

I watched this video a little while ago! Really great. Prompted me to go over to CPW to get an ubobtanium, only to find it was already sold out 😔. That’s impossinipple is wild. 

7 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I watched this video a little while ago! Really great. Prompted me to go over to CPW to get an ubobtanium, only to find it was already sold out 😔. That’s impossinipple is wild. 

We got to serial #69 before Tom passed away. I do have 30 more springs so theoretically once Standard is up and running again we can make those. 

There are 70 grippers that exist though. Two have serial #1. Tom had one and I have one.

• Like 3

Fortunate to have snagged #39 when I first found out about CPW.

I rarely ever pick it up though, because it's demoralizing when I do. It refuses to budge, and my fingers can't reach around the handles. Makes the GHP 10 feel like a kid's toy.

5 hours ago, Cannon said:

I do have 30 more springs so theoretically once Standard is up and running again we can make those. 

Will you double-pinned the handles, like some WT Hercules? If the handles are 5 inches long, how deep are they drilled?

10 hours ago, Cannon said:

We got to serial #69 before Tom passed away. I do have 30 more springs so theoretically once Standard is up and running again we can make those. 

There are 70 grippers that exist though. Two have serial #1. Tom had one and I have one.

I’d love to get a hold of one. I’m by no means a collector of grip memorabilia, but this is one that’s different for me. 

Did you guys see how well it fit in Lucio’s hand? (The Mustache Ninja). 

WTH

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, josé adalton said:

Will you double-pinned the handles, like some WT Hercules? If the handles are 5 inches long, how deep are they drilled?

I don’t know. Tom had a really really REALLY hard time drilling springs on his Bridgeport. Justin at the new shop can drill them like butter on a big CNC to the extent that it’s a better choice than gluing. When the time comes we’ll have to figure it out. The pins always go all the way through and I think 1 would suffice. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Did you guys see how well it fit in Lucio’s hand? (The Mustache Ninja). 

WTH

His hands look insane when he’s holding it. Like 25-35% of his middle finger extends beyond the gripper handle when it’s in his palm!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

His hands look insane when he’s holding it. Like 25-35% of his middle finger extends beyond the gripper handle when it’s in his palm!

RIGHT!? I cannot set a #3.5 that well 

6C93668B-0461-4B33-8775-8411454648A3.thumb.png.59a38221b94c8144173eaa82699d19a7.pngJust kidding, it’s even MORE. 

• Confused 3

36 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

6C93668B-0461-4B33-8775-8411454648A3.thumb.png.59a38221b94c8144173eaa82699d19a7.pngJust kidding, it’s even MORE. 

I’ve never felt so inadequate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow, I never heard of themoustache_ninja, and he says he is in NY!  I really thought I was getting to know the sport, but he clearly is a player and I never knew of him.  I'll have to go look for him on Insta etc. and keep an eye out for him.  Maybe he doesn't attend comps?

Great vid.

• Like 1

INSANE video

• Like 1