Gd grip dynamometer?

Seoyoon

That's great news. Here is the teaser video from Instagram, if somebody wants to check it out.
Supposed to be out tomorrow. At least in Korea

Edited by matek
  • Like 3

It looks pretty similar to the GM-150 dynamometers made by Vano, If GD are making them thats great because they'll be far more accessible

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

It looks pretty similar to the GM-150 dynamometers made by Vano, If GD are making them thats great because they'll be far more accessible

i think so too

I'm curious how it would make a difference😊

Awesome. Since the GM-150s are hard, if not impossible, to come by these days, I'd definitely be interested in one of these.

22 hours ago, Seoyoon said:

It seems that gd grip is planning to release a measuring instrument

I'm curious😆

GD - "creative" guys!  Stole from Vano not only the design and functionality of device, but also the idea of the competition on it and the top list... You know, the thieves of "old-hardening" used to have their own "code of honor" - when they robbed the apartment and carry off everything valuable, then left a little money , for a few days of life, so that a person literally did not die with hunger or medicine that he could need after that.. but obviously, these guys are already from the most new generation ...

And the idea that steal only valuable (which means that ideas of Vano is actually innovative and rational) - is not particularly consolatory..
Although these have changed design a little. I saw on amazon, aliexpress and ebay several guys from Italy and China, who generally copy one to one, without the slightest difference ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope Vano promotes his product on Amazon bc GD already has a good home there. 

Imo GD will soon look more legit than Ironmind on amazon, so the race is on.

But maybe GD will only sell it in Korea and vano has nothing really to worry about.

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

GD - "creative" guys!  Stole from Vano not only the design and functionality of device, but also the idea of the competition on it and the top list... You know, the thieves of "old-hardening" used to have their own "code of honor" - when they robbed the apartment and carry off everything valuable, then left a little money , for a few days of life, so that a person literally did not die with hunger or medicine that he could need after that.. but obviously, these guys are already from the most new generation ...

And the idea that steal only valuable (which means that ideas of Vano is actually innovative and rational) - is not particularly consolatory..
Although these have changed design a little. I saw on amazon, aliexpress and ebay several guys from Italy and China, who generally copy one to one, without the slightest difference ...

That is upsetting especially what can really be done? I hope more people can support him but I know this is all too common with big companies. I never knew about this device but it is really interesting and it's great to see Vano one of the first MM 7 closers being innovative with grip still. I wish him all the best and hope to buy one of these soon from him.

https://grippermania.ru/gm150/ranking#m-abs

Seeing the record list though these are some monster numbers. I think this could make a great implement for contests to test crush strength especially for people new to grip who have trouble with the technique involved with closing a heavy gripper. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

You know, I didn't communicate with Vano particularly closely (due to certain circumstances). But. Firstly, the GM-150 and the remote competition on it, this is the brainchild of several people standing in the shadows. All of them, including Vano, are sports enthusiasts, not businessmen. And they didn't have a goal to earn money initially and they don't have it now. Those of them who earn enough - on the CONTRARY, they invest their money and time in this project. And the price of the device is simply a display of the price of the electronic part (purchased by a small batch) and hand work in the production of the device itself (yes - GM is hand-made). Therefore, I am "offended" not for the money that Vano will not receive. It's just that how more people will buy a "replica" or a GD, the fewer new names there will be in the GM-150 list. The less representative these lists will be. And the more the work and enthusiasm of the creators of the original project will be devalued! 

...I saw that Eric had this device, and I really hope that one day I will see many names from Canada and the USA in this list, received after tournaments organized by him...

Vano's device is simplified as much as possible in order to minimize the requirements for equipment and the difference in performance due to technical errors. I have a number of ideas on how to make the option more suitable for experienced athletes. perhaps if I survive some of the things happening around me, then I will bring these ideas to life... GD is fashionable, shiny and beautiful - many will buy it and enjoy the likes under Instagram posts. but our SPORT - it will lose from this. Accordingly, everyone who is engaged in it will lose!..

And about the numbers - I had the first version of the device. Now I have the final one. 80 percent of the results from Ukraine in the list were obtained with my participation and judging. So I can assure you that the results are real. And the device is valuable as a competitive device. In fact, a beginner can show his strength (not technique) on it, and an experienced one can monitor progress or use it as the main training device!

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko

Getting a GM150 is very hard (if not impossible) nowadays because of the sanctions. Also, in general, it is hard to find a dynamometer that goes above 100kg and has proper handles. 
So I understand that it's unfortunate. But from a consumer's standpoint, I'm glad GD made this. 

And I think the "elite dyno list" will always be the GM150 list anyways. 

• Like 1

I amend what i previously said, In the past day i've spoken to both Vano and guys who have recently bought them, He's still able to ship them out because he's having them manufactured and shipped from Tbilisi

• Like 3

A friend sent me a picture of the purchase.

The handle knurling is also good, and the overall quality is satisfactory.

Screenshot_20230326_000224_NaverCafe.thumb.jpg.706e9d9e3f3a3f615625e0e601324f39.jpg1679756567411.thumb.jpg.3a3c23baf6c6c2905d4e787e8361a906.jpg

gm150/gd dynoScreenshot_20230326_000233_NaverCafe.thumb.jpg.86bd0dfa08d895e05c03d2951d9571cc.jpg

• Like 4

I'm of the opinion that competition is healthy, and promotes innovation and creativity. If the question is one of violating intellectual property or patent copyright laws, that's a different story. But the main problem is the current sanctions, which limit access to the GM150 for North Americans. But if it's true that they can still be acquired via Tbilisi, that's awesome - and I'd rather go that route and support Vano firstly, and then maybe support GD secondarily.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seoyoon said:

A friend sent me a picture of the purchase.

The handle knurling is also good, and the overall quality is satisfactory.

Screenshot_20230326_000224_NaverCafe.thumb.jpg.706e9d9e3f3a3f615625e0e601324f39.jpg1679756567411.thumb.jpg.3a3c23baf6c6c2905d4e787e8361a906.jpg

gm150/gd dynoScreenshot_20230326_000233_NaverCafe.thumb.jpg.86bd0dfa08d895e05c03d2951d9571cc.jpg

That's gorgeous! One handle looks thinner than the other, and they have different knurling. Do you know their diameters?

35 minutes ago, josé adalton said:

That's gorgeous! One handle looks thinner than the other, and they have different knurling. Do you know their diameters?

1679776175257.jpg.100152e642a46634b4ad4bdaafeffae7.jpgThe top handle is 20mm and the bottom handle is 20.5mm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/16/2023 at 5:15 AM, C8Myotome said:

I live in the USA and successfully imported a GM150 from Russia today with no issues getting through customs.

Can I ask how did you pay for it? Since they don't accept credit cards now (last year at least) I paid the not easy way (finding someone who knows someone who...). Is the payment easy now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Can I ask how did you pay for it? Since they don't accept credit cards now (last year at least) I paid the not easy way (finding someone who knows someone who...). Is the payment easy now?

I used PayPal.

The GM150 is pretty awesome 

Screenshot_20230915-160353_Video Player.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I used PayPal.

The GM150 is pretty awesome 

Screenshot_20230915-160353_Video Player.jpg

Thanks. He didn't have PayPal back then.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Jortsa7 said:

im thinking about buying the gd, gm 150 is way too expensive

~$112 is a decent price point. 

• Like 1

I own both (along with the Baseline BIMS Functional).

I like Vano's design overall the best, my only complaint is the downgrade on the newer models to a plastic handle adjustment knob.

The GD Dyno 150 is very well built, however. I agree, they most likely copied Vano's design idea, though the two look nothing alike. The measuring gauge itself is nearly identical (except that you can change units on the GD). It even has the same pitched "beeeeeep" when you fire it up compared with the Grippermania. 

20240318_213753.thumb.jpg.4e813aa1b6636a94394cae6b2893edfb.jpg

• Like 1

I think having a nutcracker style is the best option to avoid copying. 
parallel handles give bigger numbers anyway…and isn’t as gripper accurate.

although, the design wouldn’t be as easy. Would have to have a Vulcan style setup with the gauge in between the top rails. And adjusting the handles spread. 
or just keep it as is…probably would drive the price up even further.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, degradated said:

I own both (along with the Baseline BIMS Functional).

I like Vano's design overall the best, my only complaint is the downgrade on the newer models to a plastic handle adjustment knob.

The GD Dyno 150 is very well built, however. I agree, they most likely copied Vano's design idea, though the two look nothing alike. The measuring gauge itself is nearly identical (except that you can change units on the GD). It even has the same pitched "beeeeeep" when you fire it up compared with the Grippermania. 

20240318_213753.thumb.jpg.4e813aa1b6636a94394cae6b2893edfb.jpg

I agree the GM150 is very well built, I recently bought one. 

How do your readings differ between the two? That's If there is any difference at all?