Doug Dude's Training Highlights

Douglas Carney

Just noticed a post from Monday about York dumbbell pairs (25lb - 55lb) for $1/pound.

Gotta be a lot quicker than that to snag 50s and 55s off Craigslist...  ☹️

Hey Doug people like you as what makes this board really good great videos great contributions all around inspirational

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks John!  Happy to be part of this board.

I have some ambitious goals ahead, so I appreciate the continued support and encouragement!

• Like 2

@matek and @Blacksmith513 ... is this a "Loch Ness Monster" pose?

Hard to tell because my forearm doesn't look anything like yours.  🙄

Haven't worked out since Tuesday but still...  only 14.25" = Nessie looks like she's on a diet. ☹️

Loch Ness Monster - Cold.jpg

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Haven't worked out since Tuesday but still...  only 14.25" = Nessie looks like she's on a diet. ☹️

It only works well with full pump 😄, and 14.25" is honestly pretty good!
Also thumb pad looks huge! Chicks dig that. When they see it they immediately think "damn I bet he can lift the blob50!"

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Looking good, your forearms are bigger than mine. You'd send Nessie the other way if you crossed paths on Loch Ness.

6 hours ago, matek said:

It only works well with full pump 😄, and 14.25" is honestly pretty good!
Also thumb pad looks huge! Chicks dig that. When they see it they immediately think "damn I bet he can lift the blob50!"

Yeah when i'm walking down the street im always catching the ladies checking out my thumb pads. Then I wake up and realize i was only dreaming.

• Haha 2

Yeah...between the thumb pads and my New Balance mall walkers...it's a good look I've put together.  😄

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Yeah...between the thumb pads and my New Balance mall walkers...it's a good look I've put together.  😄

wait until unlock the power of the croc!image.png.69881b057dcd1d73cbc58ea962ff7548.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

wait until unlock the power of the croc!

Please...women are already jealous of my wife as it is.  Don't take it to the next level!  😂🤣😅

• Haha 2

CROC POWER FOREVER 💪

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

CROC POWER FOREVER 💪

Rock out with your croc out

• Haha 1

Incremental Increases 05-26-2023

Not exactly huge gains, but I'll take a five pound bump on the Saxon Bar and a decent first attempt on cleaning & pressing my York 85.

Musical Inspiration: "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest from the album "British Steel" released in April 1980.

• Like 5

Hey Doug  happy Friday, very cool video.

how much dose your Saxon bar weigh. Just curious I made one a couple years ago and it weighs about 61 pounds.

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Doug  happy Friday, very cool video.

how much dose your Saxon bar weigh. Just curious I made one a couple years ago and it weighs about 61 pounds.

Thanks John!  By my scale, the Saxon bar from Arm Assassin only weighs 28.6lb with Rogue OSO collars.  So that's what I'm going off of for total weight...

Weight - Saxon Bar - 28.6lb resize.jpg

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 1

That’s cool, thanks. I think I just over built mine. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

That’s cool, thanks. I think I just over built mine. 

I prefer over built.  You can trust it won't fail if things go sideways.

Some of my stuff feels like it's made out of old tank parts.  LOL

• Like 2

Moving up to the a face pick with my York Legacy 110 will be a long journey.

Yesterday I was just trying to get my hands (muscles and tendons) used to the wide stretch and heavy weight involved.

For me that starts with some assisted attempts and trying to simply support the weight versus picking it up from the floor.

• Like 5

Cleaning & Pressing an 18-pack for reps 05-28-2023

Kids were up early today because we're going to the pool this morning.  So I thought I'd record a quick public service announcement.

1.  Don't be the guy that brings/breaks glass at the pool or patio.  Stick with cans, man.

2.  Maybe summer is the time to put away that beloved IPA for something with lower alcohol.

3.  Most importantly, don't neglect your grip strength while lounging around this summer.

For me, tall cans of Michelob Ultra check all those boxes.  Makes for a wider pinch and the 18-pack is a decent weight.

Musical Inspiration: "More Beer" by Fear from the album "More Beer" released in 1985.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Cleaning & Pressing an 18-pack for reps 05-28-2023

Kids were up early today because we're going to the pool this morning.  So I thought I'd record a quick public service announcement.

1.  Don't be the guy that brings/breaks glass at the pool or patio.  Stick with cans, man.

2.  Maybe summer is the time to put away that beloved IPA for something with lower alcohol.

3.  Most importantly, don't neglect your grip strength while lounging around this summer.

For me, tall cans of Michelob Ultra check all those boxes.  Makes for a wider pinch and the 18-pack is a decent weight.

Musical Inspiration: "More Beer" by Fear from the album "More Beer" released in 1985.

the challenge is on.. you cheated you used light beer🤣

• Haha 4

Great form

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trying to take elements from @Jedd Johnson's website, https://thegripauthority.com/, and Louie Simmons' "Book Of Methods" to get stronger.

Specifically, I'm combining a horse tether, a Rogue Shorty Monster Band, and a kettlebell to create a new challenging grip tool.

• Like 5

grip and rip that box open

than horse tether is supper cool ,so much you can do with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

grip and rip that box open

than horse tether is supper cool ,so much you can do with it. 

Thanks John!  I was thinking rows (or something similar) to really work that instability training.  But you're right...so much can be done!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Thanks John!  I was thinking rows (or something similar) to really work that instability training.  But you're right...so much can be done!

Yes that’s pretty cool. That bounce will really challenge the grip.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yes that’s pretty cool. That bounce will really challenge the grip.

I didn't expect a 5.5" horse tether and 15lb kettlebell to be so humbling.

But I'm hoping there will be carryover from having to resist the bounce with this to finally lifting my Red Pill or York Legacy 110.

The width is about the same as that Hex 120 I cut up a while back (and still haven't lifted).