Bending Stock Wanted

Mike Sharkey

Anyone have some calibrated (or at least reasonably known strength) 0-1 Drill Rod or other stock that they are willing to let go?

Looking for 7" 300-500# and 6" 350-550# (or thereabouts)

Thanks!

I don't batch rate bars because I don't buy in large enough quantities for it to feel like a "batch," but I can try and point you in the right direction for drill rod that I have rated.

image.thumb.png.61cba8dd583a369fa788474468fa1be8.png

I could probably pick out bolts in those ranges if that would work for you as well. I feel more comfortable giving out ratings within the same head markings.

image.thumb.png.2d39173e058fc11c2559bc7780b3479a.png

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 4

Thank you sir. I bent a ton of 0-1 when I was chasing the Red. Just don't have the capacity to cut a lot of stock anymore. 

14 hours ago, devinhoo said:

I don't batch rate bars because I don't buy in large enough quantities for it to feel like a "batch," but I can try and point you in the right direction for drill rod that I have rated.

image.thumb.png.61cba8dd583a369fa788474468fa1be8.png

I could probably pick out bolts in those ranges if that would work for you as well. I feel more comfortable giving out ratings within the same head markings.

image.thumb.png.2d39173e058fc11c2559bc7780b3479a.png

1 hour ago, Mike Sharkey said:

Thank you sir. I bent a ton of 0-1 when I was chasing the Red. Just don't have the capacity to cut a lot of stock anymore. 

Hi, 
I'm not sure if you know about it, but Devin @devinhoo sells drill rods cut to 7", if you don't want to cut the bars yourself: Drill rod cut to 7" (pack of 10)

I have some IM Reds from 2019 that are definitely on the easier side. Maybe a dozen of them. 

I also might have a couple pieces of 7" x 5/16" O1 drill rod and 1/4" square CRS from FBBC too. I'd have to check. 

On 3/28/2023 at 7:27 AM, jakethesnake said:

I have some IM Reds from 2019 that are definitely on the easier side. Maybe a dozen of them. 

I also might have a couple pieces of 7" x 5/16" O1 drill rod and 1/4" square CRS from FBBC too. I'd have to check. 

Hi Jake,

I appreciate the response! I already placed an order with FBBC and Devon. I have a lot to bend!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KRC said:

I have a lot of rated O1 but it may be in storage, I'll try and check this weekend.  

Amazing. Music to my calibrated ears. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KRC said:

I have a lot of rated O1 but it may be in storage, I'll try and check this weekend.  

Nice to see another Boston bender. Where about are you?

• 1 month later...

It is in storage, but fortunately I'm likely moving soon in which case I'll be sure to pull it out when packing up. 

Ah I should change that - I was in Wellesley but moved to Utah two years ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KRC said:

It is in storage, but fortunately I'm likely moving soon in which case I'll be sure to pull it out when packing up. 

No worries. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KRC said:

Did a job down there last year. Its a real nice area.. I grew up in Melrose which is a wanna be Wellesley. 

Good on you for moving.  This state keeps going down hill every year and the cost of living keeps going up. I'm trying to get out myself.

• 2 months later...

I just got settled in NY and have the rated drill rod. It's not a ton but I have a few bars at various levels up to the mid-500s I think if you're still interested.  

Edited by KRC
  • Like 1