What part of lower arm strength is most important?

Guest scott essery

80 members have voted

1. 1. What part of lower arm strength is most important?

• crushing
    • pinch
    • thick handle
    • wrist strength
    • finger strength
    • an all round grip

Guest 115-1005574997

with all the different aspects of grip training which is the most important single element to you personaly (or do you feel an all round grip is the only form to have!)

I believe training and having an all-around grip is the best way to go.  However, you will be stronger in some areas and weaker in others - hence, YOU GRIP TRAIN.  Crushing is my ace - my lagging grip is my pinch (I really need to work on it).  An all-rounder (someone like Richard Sorin comes to mind) is to be admired and constant grip training in all areas will make you that gripmeister!!

Guest kINGPIN

Mine has to be crushing I have to say and I train most of the other parts just to help on that.  The reason I got into grip work was because my grip was failing in some of my lifts especially one arm rows.  The second reason was that I was fed up of people shaking my hand and trying to show how tough they are by squeezing it as tight as they could as if to say 'I am so strong I don't even know my own strength'.  Are they trying to tell me that every time they pick up an egg it breaks in there hand...... BULL####!

...anyway.....thats my reason for prefering a crush grip.  ???

I have to say that crushing is also my favorite, but all other aspects of grip are important.  Closing the #3 is my main goal with grip training, but pinching a pair of 45's or levering a 20lb sledge hammer is also an appealing thought.  

In reply to kINGPIN's comment of crushing eggs (the hard way, without finger tips)  that is always an ego boost as far as grip goes, but I certainly know my own strength when I do that :)

Scott,

This poll is interesting because so far at least,

it is revealing a couple of points:

1. A large number of posts (including mine) seem to

be directed at a very low interest percentage of

the board members.

2. Many board members are not posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Roark,

Please don't see an absence of replies as an absence of interest.  I've never been involved in any type of physical training until now, and I am fascinated by all the knowledge and wisdom this board disseminates.  I am benefitting greatly from the motivation I receive (almost daily).  Being a newbie (6 months), I want to turn my current fascination into a life-long ambition for greater strength.  And since I have a tendency towards rhetoric and narration, I try to keep my posting minimal and relevant.

To be relevant, I voted for Crushing because that's where I am now, although I believe I will eventually see all-around as more important.

Dunno about most important but at the moment, out of all the different exercises I'm trying & learning, holding strength work has to be my favorite.

Maybe it's because I used to be an avid strap user on my lifts but now when I lift that trap bar up and hold on for what seems like an eternity I feel a great sense of power. More than I do on my set of 20 reps which I always do before my holds.

FC