Warren Tetting grippers

Justin Douglas

I always get in a habit of collecting stuff I’m interested in and I’ve been picking up quite a few grippers here lately, being new to grip I’m not in the loop so forgive me if this is a dumb question but how hard is it to come across warren Tetting grippers for sale?

When some were on CPW recently they went for like $150-$250 each & very quickly. I've heard they have been on eBay too. I have no idea how many are in cirulation but they are not for sale very often as there are no new ones being made. Standard grippers from CPW are very similar looking & feeling, but those are temporarily out of production so not available either at the moment. I've only got to use one, the MM1 gripper, for a day. It was pretty nice but I don't think I'd spend $250 on one gripper

• Like 1

As far as training, you are not missing much by not having Tettings.  Standard grippers are similar, and COC and GHP are more standard for most certifications anyway.  If you are looking to have a Tetting for collector reasons, I think you will find some for sale here or on eBay from time to time, just not necessarily on demand or at the exact RGC you seek.  You can post a "wanted" thread here on the grip board; maybe that will produce a result.  But yeah, because they are no longer made, you may pay a lot.

FYI, I have two Tettings, one at RGC 140 and one at 142 (the 142 is exceptionally narrow, which I find interesting) -- they are definitely grippers I like having, but I got them long ago for under $100 and I would not pay $100-plus for the equivalent (at least not for anything but collector value, just to say I have one). 

Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

As far as training, you are not missing much by not having Tettings.  Standard grippers are similar, and COC and GHP are more standard for most certifications anyway.  If you are looking to have a Tetting for collector reasons, I think you will find some for sale here or on eBay from time to time, just not necessarily on demand or at the exact RGC you seek.  You can post a "wanted" thread here on the grip board; maybe that will produce a result.  But yeah, because they are no longer made, you may pay a lot.

FYI, I have two Tettings, one at RGC 140 and one at 142 (the 142 is exceptionally narrow, which I find interesting) -- they are definitely grippers I like having, but I got them long ago for under $100 and I would not pay $100-plus for the equivalent (at least not for anything but collector value, just to say I have one). 

Good luck.

I certainly don’t need one I’ve just always been the collector type lol I’ve got coc ghp and standard 

eBay has them every once and a while. They're pretty sweet, but not cheap.

Best places to find them in my experience would be the Buy / Sell / Trade section of this forum, or by checking the Used Grippers section of Cannon PowerWorks. Or message someone you know that has a Tetting gripper, and offer a price. I've got 3, all acquired in the past year through these methods. I paid over $100 for each of them.

• Like 2

They seem like they would be the ultimate prize for collectors. I feel very honored I got to talk to Warren a couple times. He was very informative and like to talk .

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is great information about functional vs. collectable. I like to use the older stuff I acquire. I think I’d still like to find some Tetting grippers.

In terms of what we see as a modern gripper, Warren Tetting was the pioneer/inventor, correct? 

On 2/28/2023 at 3:10 AM, Jared P said:

Best places to find them in my experience would be the Buy / Sell / Trade section of this forum, or by checking the Used Grippers section of Cannon PowerWorks. Or message someone you know that has a Tetting gripper, and offer a price. I've got 3, all acquired in the past year through these methods. I paid over $100 for each of them.

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the section Buy / Sell / Trade, is it deleted?

1 hour ago, Scottex92 said:

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the section Buy / Sell / Trade, is it deleted?

i remember seeing in another thread that there was a minimum post requirement before the buy/sell section unlocks for you. I think its 50 posts.

3 minutes ago, Charles Jones said:

i remember seeing in another thread that there was a minimum post requirement before the buy/sell section unlocks for you. I think its 50 posts.

makes sense, I'll keep posting then 😛

• Like 1

Iron History is similar. A minimum post to see certain sections. 

• 9 months later...

Yeah I'm looking to collect a full set of tettins as well. Also, ghp, mash monsters