Home made equipment

Fuel Crusher

Well considering the cost of most gym equipment, I'm sure I'm not alone in making my own gear. This goes especialy for grip equipment. I've cobbled my bits n bobs together and put them on my new website. I'm afraid it's very plain so you'll have to forgive me until I learn a bit about web design. If I get around to it. :D

Anyhoows, please take a look and make any comments (about the content rather than web design), and if anyone else has pics of things they've made, drop us an e-mail and I'll add them to my site. It may be useful and give others an idea of what can easily be made.

Infact it would probably make a great addition to the grip gallery, a readers equipment section. :)

Thanks for taking the time if you visit my site.

Regards

FC

Guest kINGPIN

I like the site.  And it has to be said that that is an awesome gym.  I just can't help lookin at that picture.  That is the way a gym is meant to look like.  :)

Guest Askalas

All your equipment looks really good, I like the lat pull down add on.  The homemade trap bar looks like you can really go hard core on your sets and making the larger handles for grip training was a good idea.  I have to say I wish my gym had a cage that useful and well made.

You should think about putting up a page with your best lifts and maybe something about your workout progress, just a thought though.

The gym looks great! Wish I could lift there.

Thanks for the kind words peeps :D . I'm pleased I haven't wasted my time with the site. If you've any devices you've made yourself mail me some pics and I'll add them, it may give others some ideas :)

Askalas, my lifts are by no means impressive 110kg for 20 reps in deadlift, 92kg for 20 in squat, 100kg for 6 in the bench and I'm pulling down just over bodyweight for around 13 spine stretching reps :D . Nothing to write home about, proud though nonetheless. The web page is more about what can easily and more importantly cheaply made yourself, than me and my lifting. Oh and don't ask about grip work beacause I only saw the light a few months back (used to be heavy strap user) so my gripping weights are very moderate.

kINGPIN, you were right about the hex dumbells mate, fantastic quality. Couldn't stop myself cutting one up though, and I must say block weights are very deceptive. :0

Cheers

FC

Cheers Luke.

I was/am hoping others will send me some pics of devices they've made themselves to add to the pages. At the moment there's nothing I realy need for my own gym.

I still reckon it would be a good addition to grippage.com to have a gallery where members could send pics of their home made gear, like I say it may inspire others to get creative :)

What do you reckon Wannagrip?

FC