Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

I have decided to make a log on gripboard to keep myself more accountable when it comes to bending steel. For reference, here are my best bends:

Single ironmind pads: Huge golden bastard or hexabastard, both were hard

Doubles: Nibelungen Cert, and almost a KOAB. Have done some harder 6" edgins in doubles. 

To start the log off, today I did 20x 5/16" bends. All ironmind pads only. Here is what I did:

7x Bastard

6x red nail

2x shiny bastard

2x Horrido A2

1x bendsport Canada moose

1x 70D

1x big bastard

The session took about 2 hours, and really tested my willpower. I want to develope my hand toughness and single pad bends, and I was happy with today's result. I am going to try to do 2 sessions a week, and I want to log the results to keep me accountable. Pictures is the beds from my session, and the KOAB I attempted a week or two ago. Cheers! 

Snapchat-323972481.jpg

Snapchat-266305391.jpg

Screenshot_20230206-134128.png

• Like 10

Cool bending, and good to see you made a training log

• Like 1

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. 

I didn't sleep well last night, but my hands are feeling a lot better as compared to yesterday after the bends. I'll probably have to take next session a little easier, but that's ok. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. 

I didn't sleep well last night, but my hands are feeling a lot better as compared to yesterday after the bends. I'll probably have to take next session a little easier, but that's ok. 

That’s good to hear. That was a crazy session.

• Like 2

Todays work was just 8x JH grade 5 1/4"x6" ironmind pads touching reverse no rubber bands.

I also took out my gymnastics rings today, and even though I haven't trained on them in an extremely long time I was still able to perform a solid 10 sec back lever l. 

• Like 4

Today I tried some easier bends, I just did a 7"x1/4" grade 2 barehanded, and 2 JH grade 8's in ironmind pads. 

The JH grade 8 is part of a challenge @strangersent to our group. The challenge is to bend it in ironmind pads and to see who can crush it down the furthest within a 1 minute time limit. My first attempt was 1 & 5/32". I accidentally took 15 seconds too long because I was fiddling with the rubber bands. On my second attempt it took 55 seconds and I achieved a slightly lower result with 1&3/16". I opted to use no rubber bands in the second attempt, I'll definitely try for a further crush down if someone in our group beats my time. Here is my Grade 2 barehanded video:

Snapchat-742794661.thumb.jpg.a1543620c2a426c95aa470fb67f0f974.jpgSnapchat-1292759809.thumb.jpg.d15ad4ea16acc59ccfbcf35ec7c7cf69.jpg

• Like 4

I was pondering about the red nail cert, with some friends, and decided the easiest way to achieve it would be the pads touching method double overhand. For this wrapping method you fold it into thirds and then fold it over the nail pads touching in the middle. You have 2 minutes from when the nail touches the pads, so I think this bend here would be under cert conditions. However I'm unsure since the rules are extremely complicated.

Snapchat-224892879.jpg

• Like 6

you owned that red nail. are you going to Don Cummings May 6?

I really want to make it out there. Kinda hard to commit yet because of work right.

• Like 1

Very strong bend. 

It depends on how you interpret 'incidental' from "incidental contact between the bender's arms or hands (or the nail itself) and the bender's body is permitted", but I think it would pass because the lack of red certs is getting really embarrassing for IM. If even this would not pass, somebody should put a pound of chalk in the "pocket" of the wraps, essentially making it semi-doubles and cert in a clown mask (there is no restriction about the amount of chalk). 

Edited by matek
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

you owned that red nail. are you going to Don Cummings May 6?

I really want to make it out there. Kinda hard to commit yet because of work right.

I will be attending. Don lives 30 minutes from me, so I'll be there for sure my goal is to win Unbraced. The competition is gonna be the hardest yet, especially with Alex Guiha entering the field. 

8 hours ago, matek said:

Very strong bend. 

It depends on how you interpret 'incidental' from "incidental contact between the bender's arms or hands (or the nail itself) and the bender's body is permitted", but I think it would pass because the lack of red certs is getting really embarrassing for IM. If even this would not pass, somebody should put a pound of chalk in the "pocket" of the wraps, essentially making it semi-doubles and cert in a clown mask (there is no restriction about the amount of chalk). 

I have emailed ironmind. This one felt like a harder red. I don't do much pads touching bends, if any, so I'm confident in my ability to succeed.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

I will be attending. Don lives 30 minutes from me, so I'll be there for sure my goal is to win Unbraced. The competition is gonna be the hardest yet, especially with Alex Guiha entering the field. 

I have emailed ironmind. This one felt like a harder red. I don't do much pads touching bends, if any, so I'm confident in my ability to succeed.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. 

Cheers!

Good luck.. But hopefully i'll be there... You don't have to fear me unless you want to come in last.

• Like 1

You'll get it soon!

Of course It might require more time to gain some extra strength to match those strict rules but it's doable.

Be patient, don't give up and best of luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, insane.warrior said:

You'll get it soon!

Of course It might require more time to gain some extra strength to match those strict rules but it's doable.

Be patient, don't give up and best of luck.

Quite frankly, I'm unsure if I even want to go through the cert process. It's a hassle to deal with this. With what my other videos show, I have no doubts I have MORE than the strength required to do the cert, even with the complicated rules. 

• Like 2

I think randy is starting to play ball a little bit here, I might just ask him to send new pads anyways just to have more. 

• Like 3