Received Counterfeit Heavy grips

Apneaa

😂

So i just ordered some heavy grips via a National seller, the seller is only redistributing the products from another seller called Gorilla sports https://www.gorillasports.fr/

I have no one to blame but myself as i ordered despite the fact that the website didn't showcase the product case which made it impossible for me to spot that the case didn't match the model provided by Heavy grips on their Facebook in this post about counterfeits https://www.facebook.com/heavysports/photos/beware-of-counterfeit-heavy-grips-we-have-been-receiving-many-complaints-from-co/661771104007313/

My models all came in cases with blue ink and no barcode at the top exactly as heavygrips officials decribed fakes.

I just got owned for 38€ + shippings...

So for anyone in EU looking to buy Heavy-grips DO NOT GO THROUGH https://www.decathlon.fr/ or Gorrillasports.

Edited by Apneaa
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Apneaa said:

😂

So i just ordered some heavy grips via a National seller, the seller is only redistributing the products from another seller called Gorilla sports https://www.gorillasports.fr/

I have no one to blame but myself as i ordered despite the fact that the website didn't showcase the product case which made it impossible for me to spot that the case didn't match the model provided by Heavy grips on their Facebook in this post about counterfeits https://www.facebook.com/heavysports/photos/beware-of-counterfeit-heavy-grips-we-have-been-receiving-many-complaints-from-co/661771104007313/

My models all came in cases with blue ink and no barcode at the top exactly as heavygrips officials decribed fakes.

I just got owned for 38€ + shippings...

So for anyone in EU looking to buy Heavy-grips DO NOT GO THROUGH https://www.decathlon.fr/ or Gorrillasports.

Go to Rogue Europe and buy some CoC's problem solved heavy grips are garbage anyway.

• Like 4

Just now, DevilErik said:

Go to Rogue Europe and buy some CoC's problem solved heavy grips are garbage anyway.

Well they might be garbage but i asked for garbage not counterfeit garbage.

It is true that if i buy anything now it will be from official websites, that seem very clear to me now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

heavy grips are garbage anyway

I disagree. True Heavy Grips are a real good value. 

Also remember Heavy Grips have a LIFETIME warranty which CPW honors (if you purchased from us). You can always get warranty service if you bought from a reputable seller, it’s part of the wholesale agreement. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I agree. I just put up all my HG & GG for sale. They're usable but for goals of CoC/GHP etc outside of casual gripping, they don't provide enough resistance in the open-handed position, giving them poor transferability.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I disagree. True Heavy Grips are a real good value. 

Also remember Heavy Grips have a LIFETIME warranty which CPW honors (if you purchased from us). You can always get warranty service if you bought from a reputable seller, it’s part of the wholesale agreement. 

Lifetime warranty is awesome.

I have only heard negative things about heavy grips.

I have never tried them myself though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Now you’ve heard about the warranty. :) 

Also:

• If you buy the set of 6 they are $10/ea. That value is unbeatable. 
  • They have light knurling which is good for banging out reps. 
  • The spreads tend to be on the narrow side making them excellent bridge grippers.
  • Given the price, it’s easy to file them and not regret defacing 
  • The HG150 and HG300 fit in some hard-to-service ratings for the mid-90s and high-130s. 
  • If you do need to contact Heavy Grips, their customer service is great and you’ll probably get Tammy who is awesome. 
  • I can’t recall someone saying a spring snapped. Loose handle, yes. But…lifetime warranty. You get sent a new gripper no hassle.  
  • The coated spring is essentially immune to rust. 
  • They’ve been in the community a very long time.

I would urge people to consider that possibly the countless inferior knock-offs have tarnished the Heavy Grips name. I do not believe they have earned a bad reputation themselves. This thread is living proof of the problem which Heavy Grips also has to constantly combat. 

Not preferring smooth knurling (or similar personal preferences) are certainly reasons to choose other brands, but those preferences should not be confused as reasons Heavy Grips are poor quality. 

My HG150 and narrow HG300 are the grippers I have used the most, by far. Best $20 I ever spent right there. :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

I have never tried them myself though.

I'm lucky I have only ever bothered buying 2. I made a video about how I compared a GHP8 rated 175 to a HG350 rated 175...with the 38 mm block in the HG350 I was basically applying no resistance, whereas on the GHP8 I felt like I was applying half the gripper's total resistance just in the set position. They just have poor transferability to real grippers. So they seem more like for casual gripsters than serious gripsters. I don't mind their knurling at all in fact I kind of like it, I just don't want all my other training to get thrown off by using grippers that don't really get heavy until like their last 1 mm. Even filed the open hand position just does not have enough resistance, it is all concentrated into the fully closed position.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

They just have poor transferability to real grippers. So they seem more like for casual gripsters than serious gripsters.

I feel that they are real grippers and they helped me phenomenally in meeting my gripper goals. This is kind of what I meant above about personal preferences. It’s fine to not prefer Heavy Grips for any personal reasons, but that doesn’t make them not real grippers or poor quality. In my opinion.:flowers: 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I feel that they are real grippers and they helped me phenomenally in meeting my gripper goals. This is kind of what I meant above about personal preferences. It’s fine to not prefer Heavy Grips for any personal reasons, but that doesn’t make them not real grippers or poor quality. In my opinion.:flowers: 

I agree not as good of quality as coc or standard or ghp but I like them my 141 heavy grip I bought from you was a huge help in getting me to the coc 3. Next time I order grippers I am gonna pick up a 350. I also like having the variety it makes things a bit more fun.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw the title I related. I own both sets, counters and originals. Here's a video review I made last year on the real ones. 

Heavy sports were kind enough to send me a set for review. Only way to get the originals is from North America. I forget which state but they told me via DM about how sick they were of so many companies copying the design and handles etc. 

• Like 2

Ever gripper has it place. What ever it takes for you to get over the hump to the next gripper

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

Now you’ve heard about the warranty. :) 

Also:

• If you buy the set of 6 they are $10/ea. That value is unbeatable. 
  • They have light knurling which is good for banging out reps. 
  • The spreads tend to be on the narrow side making them excellent bridge grippers.
  • Given the price, it’s easy to file them and not regret defacing 
  • The HG150 and HG300 fit in some hard-to-service ratings for the mid-90s and high-130s. 
  • If you do need to contact Heavy Grips, their customer service is great and you’ll probably get Tammy who is awesome. 
  • I can’t recall someone saying a spring snapped. Loose handle, yes. But…lifetime warranty. You get sent a new gripper no hassle.  
  • The coated spring is essentially immune to rust. 
  • They’ve been in the community a very long time.

I would urge people to consider that possibly the countless inferior knock-offs have tarnished the Heavy Grips name. I do not believe they have earned a bad reputation themselves. This thread is living proof of the problem which Heavy Grips also has to constantly combat. 

Not preferring smooth knurling (or similar personal preferences) are certainly reasons to choose other brands, but those preferences should not be confused as reasons Heavy Grips are poor quality. 

My HG150 and narrow HG300 are the grippers I have used the most, by far. Best $20 I ever spent right there. :) 

You convinced me…$10.00 per gripper is a great deal! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

I'm lucky I have only ever bothered buying 2. I made a video about how I compared a GHP8 rated 175 to a HG350 rated 175...with the 38 mm block in the HG350 I was basically applying no resistance, whereas on the GHP8 I felt like I was applying half the gripper's total resistance just in the set position. They just have poor transferability to real grippers. So they seem more like for casual gripsters than serious gripsters. I don't mind their knurling at all in fact I kind of like it, I just don't want all my other training to get thrown off by using grippers that don't really get heavy until like their last 1 mm. Even filed the open hand position just does not have enough resistance, it is all concentrated into the fully closed position.

Surely that can be used to our advantage, if the gripper only ramps up right at the end range. They can be used to building closing strength, also people who aren't able to get a choked gripper could possibly use a HG for that purpose. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

Surely that can be used to our advantage, if the gripper only ramps up right at the end range. They can be used to building closing strength, also people who aren't able to get a choked gripper could possibly use a HG for that purpose. 

Yes they are useful in training. I used to use a narrow gripper at the end of my workouts. If I did multiple sets. If my goal for the workout was to do 50 reps with a gripper and I got tired at the end I dropped down to a narrow gripper to finish all reps. Just removing the setting part to make it a bit easier. That way I did not have to drop down much in resistance on the actual closing part.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

As soon as I saw the title I related. I own both sets, counters and originals. Here's a video review I made last year on the real ones. 

Heavy sports were kind enough to send me a set for review. Only way to get the originals is from North America. I forget which state but they told me via DM about how sick they were of so many companies copying the design and handles etc. 

I Discovered they were counterfeit through your video in the first place 🥲😪

i guess i can still do my count to when the torsion spring will break just that i gotta make sure i make it clear that they were counterfeits when i will make the thread about it.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, Apneaa said:

I Discovered they were counterfeit through your video in the first place 🥲😪

i guess i can still do my count to when the torsion spring will break just that i gotta make sure i make it clear that they were counterfeits when i will make the thread about it.

I'm glad you could get info via my clip! If the print in the back is blue then they're counters. The originals have full black print and a barcode all part of the same text. No stickers or anything else 

• 6 months later...

Slight Update, i'm not done with these babies yet but today mark rep number 5000 on the 100lb , i's been around 7-8 month.

The spring has not suffered any deformation so far but theres a very slight but noticeable spread loss.

i'm gonna take this 100lb to 20000(or spring failure) before i stop counting

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Slight update, finally worked up the grip to close this 100lb 45x2 everyday so the numbers are going up up up

On the other hand my shoulder is really bothering me and i fear i might have to stop most of my grip/wrist/elbow routine.

10000 rep mark is close, i will make a post with picture for it soon.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Apneaa said:

Slight update, finally worked up the grip to close this 100lb 45x2 everyday so the numbers are going up up up

On the other hand my shoulder is really bothering me and i fear i might have to stop most of my grip/wrist/elbow routine.

10000 rep mark is close, i will make a post with picture for it soon.

I would advise you to be careful about too much volume. It could lead to injuries like you described with the shoulder. I got injured myself from too many reps with the COC 2 so I'm passing along some advice. Maybe take some time off to heal that shoulder ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Mermaid24 said:

My husband wants these grippers but I keep seeing so many people talking about counterfeit ones where do I go to buy the actually heavy grippers? 

Cannon Power Works is definitely the place to go for grippers: https://cannonpowerworks.com/. He has a good relationship with Heavy Grips from what I can tell from previous conversations about them. They can be purchased cheaper if you buy them in bundles of 3 or 6.

Also consider the rating service he offers here: https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/rating.

Here is a page that explains what ratings are and why it would be helpful to have them rated. most of the info is below the ratings graph: https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/grip-strength-ratings-data.

Edited by Charles Jones
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1