Closed Captains of Crush #3.5 in 4 months!

AdriaanRobert96

Holy moly, I can’t believe it finally happened!

So as you know, around September 2022 I closed my CoC #3 both CCS and No set.

After that I said I’ll probably close the #3.5 within another 3 months, I was off by 1 month!

So it took me an additional exactly 4 months and 9 days to close the #3.5 after I mashed the #3.

A total of 5 months and 9 daya to go from barely managing a #2.5 to wide set closing the #3.5.

I’ve been losing my mind over the last 5mm the last month but today it happened during training.

Words can’t describe the happiness I am feeling, I feel like a little child😆

What now?

I’ll take some times off the heavy grippers, and build up my average #3 from 7 reps to 10+ and then try to build my hard #3 to atleast 7+ reps aswell before going heavy again.. 

I feel that my hands would benefit from reps and bloodflow for a while😮💨

Those that really believed in me, thanks❤️

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

After that I said I’ll probably close the #3.5 within another 3 months, I was off by 1 month!

So it took me an additional exactly 4 months and 9 days to close the #3.5 after I mashed the #3.

A total of 5 months and 9 daya to go from barely managing a #2.5 to wide set closing the #3.5.

I’ve been losing my mind over the last 5mm the last month but today it happened during training.

What now?

I’ll take some times off the heavy grippers, and build up my average #3 from 7 reps to 10+ and then try to build my hard #3 to atleast 7+ reps aswell before going heavy again.. 

Congrats man that’s impressive a 3.5 is no joke and hitting it so fast is really impressive. I have only closed my 3.5 A couple times and it’s an easy one rated at 165. I think I have been using grippers a couple years now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Congrats man that’s impressive a 3.5 is no joke and hitting it so fast is really impressive. I have only closed my 3.5 A couple times and it’s an easy one rated at 165. I think I have been using grippers a couple years now.

Appreciate it!

Not quite sure what my #3.5 is but based on my 160+ hard #3 I’d do an estimates guess around 178-180+ but I could be wrong..

I feel like #3.5 and up is another ball game, them grippers be manhandling me🥺😂 

With that said, I am glad I managed to get here in less than 5 months.. now I need to CCS it🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

based on my 160+ hard #3

Is that gripper filed? I only ask because 160+ for a #3 would be exceedingly rare. I would be skeptical your #3 is that hard. 

But all the same 178-180 is feasible for a #3.5. That’s kind of hard but not uncommon. :)

Edit: We’ve had 8 #3s over 160. 6 at 160 and 2 at 161. All were sold in a few months in 2015. They do be rare. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Is that gripper filed? I only ask because 160+ for a #3 would be exceedingly rare. I would be skeptical your #3 is that hard. 

But all the same 178-180 is feasible for a #3.5. That’s kind of hard but not uncommon. :)

Tim Butler has a 3 rated 160 (I think by you).  I used it to train for MM2.  Sent for MM2 when I got an MMS double on the 160.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Tim Butler has a 3 rated 160 (I think by you).  I used it to train for MM2.  Sent for MM2 when I got an MMS double on the 160.

Maybe. Could be Rate and Return or bought off someone else. I don’t see that a new one went directly there. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cannon said:

Edit: We’ve had 8 #3s over 160. 6 at 160 and 2 at 161. All were sold in a few months in 2015. They do be rare. 

No sir, the hard #3 is not filed and I also heard before that the 160+ #3s are rare but I am 98% sure it’s 160+ because I have an average #3 aswell.. but then again I could be wrong😆

Another thing I’d like to add is that going from the average #3 to the hard #3 felt like atleast 10+ rgc without a doubt.

Oh yeah, small note: I got it from a good friend so I didn’t buy it myself.

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
had more to say😆
  • Like 1

Congrats man, on to the #4 💪

If it's the #3 you got from me, it's certainly at least 160. It's much harder than any other #3 I've had and I've had one CPW rated at 158, that one was easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Congrats man, on to the #4 💪

If it's the #3 you got from me, it's certainly at least 160. It's much harder than any other #3 I've had and I've had one CPW rated at 158, that one was easier.

My man😄

Thank you very much pal, wouldn’t have happened so fast without you😎

Yeah that’s the #3, it felt insanely hard first time I tried it😂

I was like: ”dang it, is this a #3.5?”😣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

My man😄

Thank you very much pal, wouldn’t have happened so fast without you😎

Yeah that’s the #3, it felt insanely hard first time I tried it😂

I was like: ”dang it, is this a #3.5?”😣

Every time I buy from that store (gymgrossisten) I get hard grippers. I think their stock is probably old. If you want harder grippers, it's probably a safe place to shop at. There's a lot of easier #3's and especially easier #3.5's produced now in later years.

Before (when I really needed it) there was almost no grippers in the 160-range. It was extremely hard to find any between I would say 2016 and 2019. Before that there was some Tettings you could get and even the MM replicas. But after Tetting stopped producton it was really hard to find anything in that range. I even bought 3 tetting elites and all of them was 170+. So I sold two of them and made other one adjustable. That gripper was the most important gripper for me. It made my progress from 160 to mid 170's in a few months only. I wish I had trained with grippers like that all the time. I think my progress would have been much faster if I did.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Every time I buy from that store (gymgrossisten) I get hard grippers. I think their stock is probably old. If you want harder grippers, it's probably a safe place to shop at. There's a lot of easier #3's and especially easier #3.5's produced now in later years.

Before (when I really needed it) there was almost no grippers in the 160-range. It was extremely hard to find any between I would say 2016 and 2019. Before that there was some Tettings you could get and even the MM replicas. But after Tetting stopped producton it was really hard to find anything in that range. I even bought 3 tetting elites and all of them was 170+. So I sold two of them and made other one adjustable. That gripper was the most important gripper for me. It made my progress from 160 to mid 170's in a few months only. I wish I had trained with grippers like that all the time. I think my progress would have been much faster if I did.

Ayoo Gymgrossisten is where I got all my grippers aswell, way before 2016 aswell😆

I am pretty sure my #3 is average, because no way I am closing a hard #3 7+ times😮💨

Your #3 is 99% 160+, my #3.5 is in the range of 178-180+

I am really curious about the #4 I have, it feels like trying to squeeze a literal brick🥲

But then again,  I am not on that lvl yet.. maybe in a year from now🙄

I’ve seen cannon works got some nice rated grippers😍

Altho I wanna be the one that will close a #4 without the inbetween rated grippers..

I know it’s stupid, a longer way ahead and big RGC jumps but it’s fun and I want to challenge myself and stand out in that way😅

3 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Ayoo Gymgrossisten is where I got all my grippers aswell, way before 2016 aswell😆

I am pretty sure my #3 is average, because no way I am closing a hard #3 7+ times😮💨

Your #3 is 99% 160+, my #3.5 is in the range of 178-180+

I am really curious about the #4 I have, it feels like trying to squeeze a literal brick🥲

But then again,  I am not on that lvl yet.. maybe in a year from now🙄

I’ve seen cannon works got some nice rated grippers😍

Altho I wanna be the one that will close a #4 without the inbetween rated grippers..

I know it’s stupid, a longer way ahead and big RGC jumps but it’s fun and I want to challenge myself and stand out in that way😅

Just use adjustables. 

IMHO it's just stupid to set up goals like that. You never know what can happen in your life, some people might have strange goals like that then suddently they don't have any chance to get there anymore.

Just train like any serious strength athelete would. With small increasements in resistance.

I'm pretty much sure when I say that you have the genetics for the #4. What will decide is your dedication and what you're willing to do to get there. 

Just tell me when you're close to it and I can send you a rated #4 at #212 for you to try and see where you're at.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

What now?

Thats incredible man.. I know it wont be long until your crushing 4's.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thats incredible man.. I know it wont be long until your crushing 4's.

Very much appreciated!

Only time will tell, but hopefully so😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just use adjustables. 

IMHO it's just stupid to set up goals like that. You never know what can happen in your life, some people might have strange goals like that then suddently they don't have any chance to get there anymore.

Just train like any serious strength athelete would. With small increasements in resistance.

I'm pretty much sure when I say that you have the genetics for the #4. What will decide is your dedication and what you're willing to do to get there. 

Just tell me when you're close to it and I can send you a rated #4 at #212 for you to try and see where you're at.

Well I can’t deny that, life can change in an instant!

Oh I definitely will use those, you saved me so much money by sending me those🥺

That’s why I said I won’t bother with in-between grippers😂

I’ve done some work with the Vulcan and holy moly does it increase setting strenght a lot😮💨

Going back to grippers after that was like setting plastic grippers from LIDL😂, with that said I got pretty long fingers so my setting never really struggles😆

I really appreciate you believing in my abilities, I will get that #212😈

I will use the Vulcan with chrome spring and go by the ratings you gave me to have an approximation.

Until then, stay safe fam😊

• Like 3

Yup the Vulcan is a different beast for sure. Improves setting strength instantly. Thus also improves the abilty to close heavier grippers.

• Like 1

Hmmm.thumb.png.6c2d19b6ac02f2b492af314ad41a9fbf.png

Very impressive to close the 3.5 no matter the amount of time it took. My only problem is that you make it seem like you have only been training for 4-5 months, when that's not the case. Your strength is elite and you really shouldn't feel the need to lie to make your feat seem better, when it's already so great. Once again, amazing feat of strength, I wish you luck in the future.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheInvestigator said:

Very impressive to close the 3.5 no matter the amount of time it took. My only problem is that you make it seem like you have only been training for 4-5 months, when that's not the case. Your strength is elite and you really shouldn't feel the need to lie to make your feat seem better, when it's already so great. Once again, amazing feat of strength, I wish you luck in the future.

Name checks out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really don't care either way, but it is peculiar to me when claims are made without any video proof.  We all carry a camera connected to the internet with us these days. It takes 60 seconds.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheInvestigator said:

His age aswell 🧐

I was talking about your name 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stranger said:

I was talking about your name 😂

I like that someone made an account just to critique a coc 3.5 claim text-only claim lolol. Considering even videos here people have been skeptical about for good reason, I don't know how text-alone is supposed to be convincing. Like here's a list of everyone that has closed a 3.5 that we've seen videos of, and also the guy that wrote a paragraph about it. Plus we have that kid that tried to close one with two hands with an inch gap left then wrote on instagram "fastest person to close a coc 3.5" lolol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C8Myotome said:

I like that someone made an account just to critique a coc 3.5 claim text-only claim lolol. Considering even videos here people have been skeptical about for good reason, I don't know how text-alone is supposed to be convincing. Like here's a list of everyone that has closed a 3.5 that we've seen videos of, and also the guy that wrote a paragraph about it. Plus we have that kid that tried to close one with two hands with an inch gap left then wrote on instagram "fastest person to close a coc 3.5" lolol

Hahaha and besides that I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to make a claim like that and not have some type of proof. 

Unfortunately I can't find the rules right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheInvestigator said:

Ok but how am I lying?

What I said was that 4 months post my CoC #3 close, so 1 month for the CoC #3 and another 4 months for the #3.5.

Just a matter of menot calculating things as I should☝🏻

But 4-5 months total since starting to work with the grippers👍🏼

Also what you’re seeing there is me

buying the grippers and trying them on and off whenever I felt like for 2 years before really training for them.

I had a decent spike and managed to get the #3 a couple of times.

I get your point, but that’s not the case.

I started really working grippers with a regime, sets and reps just 4-5 months ago.. before that it was just messing around hoping I’d close it someday.

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1